[Lay] Kittens and Kisses

For @JOcolatelover! It didn't turn out exactly as you wished, but I hope you still like it...

This could be a bit fluffy and weird so please proceed with caution (especially the innocent ones). xD

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As I skipped on my way back to the house,  I couldn't help but feel like I was walking on clouds. I just went to the convenient store to buy five boxes of milk and a feeding bottle. No, I did not have a baby. My friend gave me a box full of 12 kittens this early morning. Which, I think, is a dream come true since it's been so long since I last had a cat. But you may be asking, "How the hell did she have 12 kittens and just gave them all away?"

Well, I don't know either. But do you even question it when you are blessed with 12 angelic kittens? Who wouldn't even want that? They are such little innocent creatures, and I just can't help but accept them into our home. After all, Lay likes to take care of things too, like plants, so maybe he'll like having cats in the house.

As soon as I stepped in front of the house, I tried to contain all my excitement. If Lay is already home, then we can name the cats already! Maybe the one with the biggest eyes could be Kyungsoo, or maybe the biggest ones should be Kris and Chanyeol, and the black one could be Kai, or maybe--

My thoughts got cut off when the door right in my face opened. Lay looked down at me in slight shock. And I looked up at him in confusion. He was carrying two kittens in his hand.

I quickly ran to the living room as I heard the kittens mewling noisily in their little box as if something woke them up from their peace. I counted them off, and realized there were just eight of them left. Plus the two in Lay's hands. Panicking, I looked back at him.

"Where's the other two? There are twelve of them!"

"Well... I..." He stammered. He looked around nervously as if guilty of something. I stood up and looked at him straight in the eye.

"Lay, what did you do?" My voice turned out in a scary low tone, making him even more nervous.

"I... I took them out..." He mumbled. As I stared at him, unable to believe what he just did, he awkwardly bent down to set the two kittens on the ground. They awkwardly ran to my feet and rubbed their soft fur against my skin, making me feel even sorrier for them. And even angrier at Lay.

"So were you planning on throwing all of them out?" I huffed as I picked them up to return them to their little home. I felt Lay try to approach me, but I stopped him with a glare.

"N-not all of them... I... I just thought we can't take care of all twelve of them..."

"Then you should have asked for my permission first!" I stomped past him to get out of the house in an effort to look around for the missing ones. I felt like I was about to choke out tears. I couldn't imagine how scared they must be right now, being in a strange place and not knowing where to go.

"Where did you throw them? Bring them back!!!" I wailed like a little kid as my tears started streaming down. Lay immediately came to hug me. I tried to push him off, but he didn't let go.

"I'm really sorry Ria, but we can't get them back. I gave them to the newspaper boy that passed by earlier. He promised to take care of them really well. I'm so so sorry Ria, I really should have waited for you before doing that."

I wanted to stay mad at him, but strangely, my tears stopped on their own. I could tell he was sincerely sorry.