♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₅₀

Start from the beginning

"Y'all at the park?" I smiled softly, looking at his low eyes. He was high, but when isn't he? "It's daddy daycare?" I chuckled, bringing my hand up to scratch at the itch on my forehead as I heard background noise from kids being loud and laughter.

"Yeah baby, I wanted to get the kids out. The guys wit me, so you know all the kids running around." He licked his lips, looking up briefly and squinting his eyes. I nodded my head, visualizing them. "How was your mother's group meeting?" He looked back at the screen, his stare blank.

"It was good...and I apologize for how I've been acting towards you." I bit the corner of my lip, as I watched a small smile creep against his lips. "I never meant to push you away, it's just hard..." I blew out a tiny breath, looking down at my lap.

"I get it Nini. You wasn't expecting to get pregnant so soon, neither was I, but we gon get through it together, aight?" I looked back into the screen, wiping at my eyes. "I still love you, on your high and low days. I gotchu."

"Forever." I smiled faintly, looking out the window as I saw Jada's car pull up. "I love you, Cai..so much." I heard Cassius' goofy ass in the background making kissy noises, causing me to roll my eyes. "Cass, get out our convo!" I laughed lowly, shaking my head.

"Sis, if this nigga give you problems, let me know." Cass spoke, his head slightly peaking into the screen. I nodded slowly, containing my laugh. He was serious.

"Chill, nigga." Cairo pushed Cassius back, and put his focus back on me calming his laughter down. "I'll see you later, baby. Enjoy ya lunch with the girls." I nodded, blowing him a kiss and ending our FaceTime call just as Jada came to my car knocking on the window.

"Hey girl." Jada grinned as I stepped out the car, us giving each other a hug. "Ava said they're pulling up in the next ten, so we can go get a table."

I nodded my head and we walked towards the restaurant, entering. "We have a lot to catch up on, it's been a long while." I chuckled, the hostess asking us how many then led us to a booth.

After ordering our drinks, Ava and Reina had walked to the table taking their seats. I smiled faintly at Reina's growing belly.

"Hey baddie b's." Ava's goofy ass greeted, blowing us kisses as she got situated. "I missed y'all."

"Forreal, it's been too long!" Jada and I pouted, us falling out in laughter. "What y'all been up to?"

"Besides being pregnant and eating everything, I'm good. I'm the happiest I've been in two years, I left that shitty ass salon so I'm more content than ever." Reina smiled, clicking her tongue.

We all shared what's being going on with us, from relationships to careers. Jada's been working on her music, getting paperwork configured with some lawyers as some producers were being funny with her copyrights. Ava being the bad bitch that she is, modeling gigs and magazine covers. I told them about me being pregnant, and they contained their excitement as I let them know what I've been going through as well.

Our lunch consisted of good conversation and laughs until I felt myself shutting down again. I tried my best to shake the feeling off, but I just couldn't.

—————

"I just wanna be better." I sniffled, laying my head on Cairo's chest, listening to his heart beat as he rubbed my back up and down. His fingertips grazing against my skin. "I-I want to be able to l-love on this baby as much as I love our oth-other babies."

Cairo was silent, his lips pressed against my forehead. He probably didn't have an answer for that, because who would? I know he didn't want to feed me something I didn't want to hear, so he opted for silence. I took it, cause that was sometimes the best answer.