♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₂₅

Cairo 'East' Brewster

"You wanna come with me?" I asked Anahi, as I sat on the edge of her bed. I've been spending time at her house for the last month, not really wanting her out of my sight after the chaos that happened with Izzy. Niggas were wild in these streets. "Neli been over at KC's pad for a couple nights, and ion want you here by yourself."

I caught her roll her eyes in the mirror, causing me to chuckle. The little attitude she had caught wasn't phasing nobody.

"I don't wanna be around your baby mother. She always has some slick shit to say, and my patience done ran out with her." She turned to look at me, a frown on her face. "I've been real respectful, so don't be shocked when Nicole ends up getting dropped."

"None of that will be happening, aight?" I licked my lips, scratching behind my ear. "I'll handle it."

"Sure, Cairo." Anahi spoke dryly, walking into her closet and came back out with her all white Air Force ones, complementing her fit. "Let's go get your mini." She smiled faintly.

I pushed myself off her bed, shaking my head. Ion know why she didn't trust me when I said I'll handle it. I didn't want those problems with Nicole either, I done told her about respecting Anahi too, cause she wasn't going anywhere. It was simple shit, and I never brought any other bitch I was fuckin with around my daughter before, until Anahi came along. Her energy was pure, she didn't want shit from me like those other bitches did. Anahi just wanted me.

The drive was silent, minus the music that was playing through the speakers. I would take occasional glances in Anahi's direction as her focus was out the window, her left leg crossed over her right. I bit my lip, cautiously placing my right hand onto her thigh, a loose grip around it, as the other stayed on the wheel.

"Don't." Anahi broke the silence, pushing my hand away from her thigh. "Are you really gon handle it? Cause whenever you say that, you never do." She folded her arms over her chest. I knew she was gon bring it back up, why wouldn't she? I felt her looking at me too, the attitude she had was clearly present.

I sucked my teeth, placing my hand back on her thigh. "Imma handle it, Anahi. Just fuckin trust me, aight." I looked over to her, my brows furrowed in. I was low key pissed cause no matter what, Nicole was gon be a problem.

She had nothing else to say as I continued to drive, I guess because she felt it was gon be deadweight. I really didn't give a fuck, I was tired of talking about it. My actions were just gon have to match up, maybe that's what she felt that needed to happen? Ion know, but I needed to do better. I wasn't entertaining none of these other hoes or my baby's mother for that matter. I wouldn't put Anahi through that headache, even if I did earlier when we was first talking, but I was serious about her.

I wish she could see that.

Pulling up to Nicole's condo, I put the car in park and waited before exiting. I was 15 minutes early anyway, she'd meet us out here.