♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₅₄

Nayeli Santiago

"Relax your hand." I chuckled at my client as I did their nails. This was probably the most annoying part of my job, if the hand isn't relaxed the placement and shape isn't gon come out the way it needs to be. "Don't think about it, picture yourself somewhere relaxing." I looked at her, they nodded and sipped from their iced tea.

Our session continued, us both having good conversation as I did her nails. She talked about her aspirations in wanting to get into the nail industry and I gave her some tips. That's what I loved to do, I had my own craft that separated me from most nail techs. You couldn't be in a box in this shit.

"These are flyyyy!" The client exclaimed, just as I finished putting the cuticle oil on. "I'm gon be sending some friends your way." She chuckled, all seriousness behind her tone.

" She chuckled, all seriousness behind her tone

"Thanks babes." I smiled, looking at her as I finished taking pictures for my portfolio. I was appreciative of all the clients I serviced, my bookings were always filled and a few would be sad cause they missed out. But I always direct them to Nette because she's just as a great, and we were the only two nail techs here who worked on acrylics. "Just let them know to be on the lookout for when I open the next books."

"Oh, I'll let them know." She chuckled, giving me a tip in the process. "It was hard to get this appointment, but I'm thankful I got it." She cheesed, causing me to smile bright.

Bidding each other a bye, I made my way to the back. I had a break, and it was much needed. My next appointment wasn't until another thirty minutes, and that gave me enough time to get myself together. Eat a snack, converse with other employees who were on a break as well.

"Hey Nel." Janelle smiled, moving a straight strand of hair back. "What you got planned tonight, mamas?" She stirred her noodles around in the cup, Zyla on the side of her as she drank her brisk.

"Shit, I was supposed to spend time with Liv, but she's going on a date." I chuckled, biting into the granola bar I had. A chewy bar. "What's the moves?"

"Happy hour at Cascades. Let's hit it, scout some niggas out or sumn." Janelle lifted a shoulder. I chuckled shaking my head. "What?"

"You know she's with Cassius, Cash. Cash, the nigga that will murk any nigga that looks her way." Zyla spoke, laughing lowly. I playfully rolled my eyes. "Ny, stop...you know you luhhh that man."

"I mean it ain't a lie." I bit the corner of my lip, looking down at my feet to hide my flushed cheeks. "That's my baby. But you bitches ain't gon let me live with this, so I'm out. Byeeee!" I dragged out, walking out the break room as they laughed loud.

I didn't speak much on Cassius and I's status, because it wasn't really anybodies business but ours. The feelings we have are real, we know that it's gon be us at the end of the day. I was learning to trust him again, and he was showing me. That's what mattered to me.