♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₇₁

Vote, Comment, Enjoy

Nayeli Mitchell

"Happy birthday, big boy!" I kissed around Kion's face, his laughter filling my ears as he tried nudging me away. "You used to love aunties kisses, now you've outgrown them? Hmm, I see how it is." I playfully rolled my eyes, a pout on my face.

"Not in front of the ladies, auntie Ny..." he grumbled, which had me look up at the little girls who were looking at us, giggling. "I gotta keep it playa."

I busted out laughing, waving him off.

"Boy, you need a whoopin." I popped his hand, causing him to frown up at me. "You're six, KJ..y'all little relationships only last for a week."

"Nuh uh, Adeya got my heart." He cheesed, licking the corner of his lip as he patted his hand over his heart.

His little grown ass. He was acting just like his father.

"I thought you didn't know their names?" Anahi came out of nowhere, popping the back of his head. Causing Kion to suck his teeth, looking up at her as she stood in front of him, bending down to his level. "Who is Adeya, Kion?"

"I didn't know the other girl's names, mommy." He lifted his shoulders, his brows furrowed. I can't! "Adeya and I been partners in class. So I hope we have the same teacher when we go back."

"But when Kairi said Devon was a friend, you wanted to tease her about it? That ain't fair, KJ." She shook her head, her brows furrowed. "Go some where." She shooed him away, turning her attention onto me as she stood upright.

"You okay, sissy?" I quizzed, she pouted shaking her head. I held my arms out for her, and we embraced one another. "They're growing before our eyes."

"They need to slow down." She mumbled, chuckling as we pulled away from one another. "It's always some shit with these kids."

I nodded in agreement, us both falling into laughter. We haven't seen each other in person since the hearing, and it was long overdue. Sure we talked on the phone, but it's not the same. And now that we have our own families, we respected the space but we used to be together all the time.

I missed my sister and our quality time.

"We need a sister trip. Just us, no husbands or kids with us." I stated, ladling some jungle juice into my cup. "You tryna go to Texas?"

"Girl, it's hot as hell out there right now." Anahi scrunched her face, sipping some of her drink. "And I know why you're asking, but I don't know if I'm ready to see them, Neli...they did us so wrong."

I nodded gently, lifting a shoulder. "True, and I'm not saying what they're asking of is wrong...because it is, but would it be bad to see them?" I quizzed.

Honestly, I was pissed when our aunt Kim called. I didn't want to hear shit because they didn't care about us when our dad passed away. But life is short, and all those years of not talking or seeing one another, it took for someone to pass away for them to reach out...? It's sad.

"I don't know how it would be, it's in the air right now." Anahi bit the corner of her lip, her brows slightly furrowed. "But from her asking if the funeral expenses could be covered was a reach...I didn't like that shit, so that already turned me away." She waved her hand, rolling her eyes. "It's a lot."

Before I could say something, Olivia walked over with a can of dr. pepper, a smile on her face. As much as I wanted to be mad at her, I couldn't.

"What y'all talking about?" Olivia asked, giving us both hugs, and standing in her previous position. "The party turned out great, Nini." She smiled.