♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₃₈

Cairo 'East' Brewster

"You two young men have served your time. I don't want to see your faces in this room again," Judge Andrews spoke, looking between Cassius and I. "You both have a lot of potential, do better for yourselves." He hit the gavel, nodding his head. "Case dismissed."

The charges were dropped, we'd be on parole for a year and do some community service shit. I wasn't complaining, I was just happy to get the fuck out. A blunt was calling my name, and I already knew I was gon be high out the ass. Ya feel me?

Finishing the last checkpoints, the guards handed us our clothes from when we first came in. All black attire with timbs, the two small diamond chains and watch still in the bag as well as our phones in separate bags. After we changed in different rooms, we stepped to the window getting the documents that were needed.

Walking out the dingy building and out to the fresh air, Cassius and I both laughed, slapping hands with each other embracing the other into a brotherly hug. It felt good to be out, don't ever take your freedom for granted cause shit really does get dark on the inside.

Our driver was already waiting outside for us in an all black Escalade. We dapped up with him before getting into the truck. Cash and I plugging up our phones so they can charge, I looked at the time on the dash seeing it was 11:30 AM.

"Where y'all wanna go first?" Frank asked, and we both told him to our homes. He nodded and drove out the lot. Blunts already held in a container in the back seat, me and Cass both sparked one up.

This shit felt too good, I felt back to myself.

The drive was quiet for the most part, us both figuring out what we were both gon get into. I just feel blessed that we didn't have to serve longer than what we did. Especially after the last fight we got into with them niggas it opened my eyes. I have stab wounds to prove it, and when Anahi found out about the fight words were exchanged. I didn't mean to come off harsh and tell her to leave, but it wasn't shit that I wanted to hear.

I knew I wasn't in the right mind frame either, and I needed to stop using that as an excuse cause she ain't deserve that. All I could do was be a better man for her. Shit was tough, but imma make up for it.

Reaching for my phone, I leaned forward and powered it on as it got some battery juice. I kept it on the charger as it was only at 27%, my eyes moving to the date, June 16. I scratched under my chin and unlocked my phone, going to iMessage and sending a text to Shooter.

iMessage
What's the move?
- 12:07PM

iMessage
Shooter 👊🏿🔫
Nini in labor bro 😬
Slide to Mercy when you can
- 12:09PM

iMessage
Good looks
- 12:09PM

"Anahi giving birth." I swiped a hand down my face, a small smile on my face. I was gon miss the delivery and that hurt, but it is what it is. There would be another one, and more after that. I was just happy to be home during Father's Day.