♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₃₆

Anahi Santiago

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthdayyyy sweet Kairi! Happy birthday to youuuu!" We sang, as she smiled bright, making her wish and blowing out the three candles.

She cried earlier this morning because Cairo wasn't here to witness her third birthday, she just wanted to be cuddled into her daddy. He did call this morning and that cheered her up, but when they were done talking she was bawling again. Both mama Eve and I comforted Kairi, letting her know that she's very loved. Every child needed that reassurance no matter what kind of situation they were in.

Sitting back, my hands rested on my belly as I watched Kairi run around with the other kids. She insisted on having a pool party, so that's what we gave her and mama Eve planned it all as she wanted me to stay off my feet. The party was held at Cairo's house as this is where mama stayed at while he was away, his backyard being spacious for the 10 kids that were here from her school down to her cousins.

I'm six months pregnant and little bean is active, Kairi speaks to my belly every day and night letting her sibling know she couldn't wait to be a big sister and for them to play with her. It was so pure and cute, it made my heart melt.

"You speak to Cai today?" Saniyah asked on the side of me, drinking from a wine cooler. I nodded my head slowly, biting my lip. "At least he hit you up, sis cause Cassius gettin on my nerves." She rolled her eyes, huffing.

"What's going on, Sani?" I furrowed my brows gently, drinking some iced water. For some reason eating ice had became a habit too, is that normal for pregnancy? "Talk to me, boo." I poked out my lip seeing that she was about to cry.

"He's not thinking. I tell him to ignore those niggas who try to test him, but he don't listen." She wiped a tear that slipped, I grabbed onto her other hand giving it a squeeze. "I tell him he needs to think of the bigger picture, cause niggas gon speak their shit regardless. A fight breaks out, then what? More time added onto his sentence. He's just a big dummy and it's irritating cause he be like 'imma handle mine.'" She rolled her eyes, imitating how he talked, us both chuckling.

"Oh, wow." I mocked jesshilarious, arching one of my brows. These niggas and their damn pride. She shook her head, biting the corner of her lip. "All you're doing is helping him think rationally, and he wanna be mad at you for that? Aggy ass." I rolled my eyes, "Don't let this bother you Sani, let him be mad for right now and your words gon hit."

"I'm just tired of repeating myself," she paused, licking her lips, "I feel like I'm talking to a brick wall...and he's not gon get it until sumn happens, but I hope it doesn't get to that Nini, I really don't."

"Just keep your faith." I smiled at her faintly, her reaching over and giving me a hug. "You're not alone in this, alright?"

——————

I helped mama Eve clean up, even if she said she didn't need help, I was not about let her do it by herself. It was a mess back here, from the many kids that were here, it wasn't a solo job. The crew stayed back and helped too, I made sure they did.

"When's the due date?" Jada asked, rolling up the table cover and taking the trash with it as she threw it away in a big trash bag. "I'm spoiling baby boo too."

"They're saying June 16th," I chuckled, my love for Tupac ran deep, everyone knew that. "Time will tell though, it just depends on little bean. Please don't, cause then everyone else is gon wanna do the same." I placed a hand on my lower back, blowing out a breath.

"You bout to have two Gemini's in the house? All power to you, Nini. I'm kidding, you still gon hold shit down." Jada and I both laughed, throwing out the rest of the trash. "So? That's what we're supposed to do, we're family."