♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₅₅

Cassius Mitchell

Planting wet kisses against Nayeli's neck down to her navel, I smirked against her skin as her body jerked. I took my time on purpose, giving her body the appreciation she deserved. The little scars she had on her stomach, I kissed over those a couple times, before resting between her legs, my head laying on her stomach as she rubbed the back of my neck. I could fall asleep if I wanted to.

"What happened?" I quizzed, lightly thumbing over the faded scars.

"My ex boyfriend did that." Her voice soft, a small crack in her voice. I furrowed my brows, turning my head so my chin was resting on her stomach. "Back in Houston I was in a really abusive relationship. It wasn't just physical, it was mental and verbal. I made excuses for him, but I was young and naive, only seventeen so I didn't know any better." She brought one of her hands up, scratching underneath her eyebrow. "We got into a really bad fight...these scars indicate being thrown into a mirror, glass cut deep into my skin. Long story short I ended up in the hospital, a few broken ribs and a collapsed lung." I brought my hand up and wiped the tears that were cascading down her face.

"You got out babygirl, and I'm sorry you had to go through that." I sat up, flipping us over so she was laying on top of me, her face stuffed in my neck. "That nigga gon get his." I muttered, don't let me catch him in the streets.

"Don't be sorry for me. I learned and grown from that shit, Ani helped me gain my confidence back after that and even if it took a process, she didn't give up on me." She lifted her face up, and cupped my chin. I nodded at that, already knowing Anahi's position, she'd always be looking out for the ones she loves. "He's in jail or dead already, ion know. So don't even get yourself worked up." She chuckled lowly, flicking my lip as a smirk curved.

"Listen, imma always be ready when it comes to you. These niggas ain't safe." I shrugged, rubbing her back. "You see how protective I am over Ro, you gettin that shit too but it's different roles. You my lil baby, so any nigga got an issue gon have to see me."

"Mhmm, I know...but to be honest Cassy, I don't pay attention to anyone else." She bent down, placing a kiss against my lips before she sat up again. "The only time I did was when KC came into the picture cause of our little falling out, he was a distraction to get over you...only for him to be on the same fuck shit." She playfully rolled her eyes, a low chuckle parting my lips. It wasn't funny, but I understand her frustrations. "I'm happy things are different between me and you this time around."

"Me too." I licked my lips, "We've grown. I can admit I wasn't mature on how I handled that situation, but I had to sit out on the sidelines and let you do you. We mended our friendship and grew from there. Now we here."

It took forever, but I never wanted to rush shit with Nayeli. Even before we became friends, I told her we was gon end up together, and she knew too. This time around though, I wasn't playing behind her, she had my whole focus and that's word to my granny. She deserved the world, so I was gon give her that.

"Have you heard from Saniyah since?" She questioned, her fingers tracing over my chest tattoo.

"Nah, she wrote me a letter though. Shit is forreal mind boggling, cause we were blinded by this bullshit." I shook my head, turning my head towards the dresser to get the envelope out the drawer. "You can read it."

"Oh, that's how you know it's too much to say in person." She shook her head, grabbing the envelope from me. She opened it and took out the papers, a few pictures inside. "Why'd she give you the ultrasound...knowing she didn't keep the baby? Weird if I must say, but hey." She frowned, causing me to chuckle. I didn't want it. "Damn near four pages?"

"I only got through one and a half cause that's all I needed to read. I ain't care for the rest." I lifted a shoulder, I skimmed through the last pages, it was bullshit talking bout how she missed us. I don't. "Just read it, ma. Tell me I ain't crazy."

"You not." She smiled down at me, and looked at the letter before clearing her throat. "Dear Cassius, I don't know how many times I've thought of writing this out, but here's my fourth time... I truly do apologize for the bullshit I put you through, even if I texted you that, there was more I wanted to add. Here I go rambling, but lemme get back on track.. You and Cairo going to jail wasn't an accident, I tipped the feds because of Cruz. You're probably wondering why or how I knew him, well Cruz is my ex..when I broke up with him, we ended on a good note, but when he found out I was dating you he went ballistic. He didn't know our history, but he said if I didn't help him get y'all off the streets, he'd come after my family...I'm sorry. And when we came back home from our group trip, I felt sick because I knew shit was gon forever change. I should've said something. — WHAT?! Cass, say it ain't so!" Nayeli fumed, her demeanor had changed. "This bitch is fuckin psychotic. This whole time? Wowwww!"

"How you think I feel? I had her around for too long, she was around my daughter, anything could've happened." I shook my head. "I'm burning this shit though, it don't hold no value to me."

"I get it, and now I understand why your trust in people is limited. People do this kind of twisted shit, but you don't have to worry about that with me." She looked into my eyes, rubbing my cheek. "You know where I stand when it comes to you."

"You one of the realest, so I ain't gotta question you. I'd be stupid to let you go, you rare."

Gripping the back of her neck, I brought her down so we were face to face. Our breaths even, yeah this shit was deep between us. Nayeli brought her face closer, our lips locking as we kissed one another, my hands roaming down to her waist as I had a tight grip around her as she rolled her hips against me slowly. My mans grew excited below, causing me to chuckle against her lips.

"What you tryna do?" She pulled away, a low breath parting her lips as she looked down at me.

"I'm waiting on you, ma. You know I ain't pressuring you to have sex." I licked my lips, cupping her chin. "I'm following your lead."

"Such a gentleman." NyNy chuckled, biting the corner of her lip. "I can hold out, but I got you." She whispered lowly, scooting down and pulling at the hem of my sweats.

———

This was a bonus/filler chapter just so y'all can get more insight on WHY Saniyah did what she did

This was a bonus/filler chapter just so y'all can get more insight on WHY Saniyah did what she did...it was always deeper than the abortion and jail set up. So does it make more sense? Cause now I'm mad about it lmaoooo 😬

And since most of y'all love NyNy and Cass so much, here's a little peak at their "relationship" 😉

Next chapter gon be lengthy, so sit tight!

I love y'all 💕