♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₅₆

- New Year's Eve -

Cairo "East" Brewster

"You ready for tonight?" Anahi stood behind me as I was getting myself ready in the bathroom, her arms wrapping around my torso. "Let me line you up, poppa." She peaked her head up, her face scrunched as I looked at her through the mirror. I chuckled lowly, licking the corner of my lip.

"Shit, I'm more than ready. You finally get to see the finished product." I licked my lips, looking over my shoulder and down at her. "And I was gon ask you to fix me up. My shit look crusty." I laughed loud; my shit was done for, but being busy I ain't had time to really take care of shit that I needed to.

"I told you to slow down." She bumped me, moving her arms and stepping back. "Imma get you right though." She stood on her tip toes, pulling my head down with her hands on either side of my face as she only reached under my shoulder and kissed my cheek. "Tall ass."

"Nah, you just short, shorty." I smirked, tapping her nose. She playfully rolled her eyes, walking over to the shower. "You gon wash my hair?"

"No." She chuckled, causing me to smack my teeth. "You have hands of your own, Cai. Why do you want me to wash?"

"Cause it be feeling good. Please baby, ion ask you for much." I poked out my bottom lip, she turned to look at me, a scowl on her face. She mumbled something under her breath, which made me raise my brows. "Speak up Lola, what you say?"

"I said you get on my nerves." She rolled her eyes at me, I walked towards her licking my lips. "Uh uh, don't even." She held her hand up, pushing at my chest lightly as I stood behind her.

"I can't feel on your booty?" I licked the corner of my lip, my hand coming in contact as I rubbed on her ass. "Com'on baby, I got you later. Just do ya magic."

"You just lazy." She laughed lowly, nodding her head to join her in the shower once she stripped from the tee she was wearing. "Don't get no ideas, patchy. I see the look on your face."

"First off, stop callin me that shit!" I smacked my teeth, loud. "Cause you know damn well my shit ain't that bad no more. And I wasn't finna touch you, you have my word." I cheesed, glossing over my bottom lip.

"You still my patchy." She playfully rolled her eyes, and I huffed. "You mad?" She smirked, cupping my chin.

"Nah, I'm good." I looked down at her, flicking her cheek. "Stop fore I really ignore your request."

She waved me off, stepping back into the water.

"I'm kinda sad I won't be able to turn up like how I want to, but that's aight. Me and Rei boutta be off the cran." She stuck her tongue out, a slight twerk following as she grabbed the loofah, pouring her body wash on there to scrub herself. "We'll be turnt up in our own way."

"You a nut." I laughed lowly, washing my body with the doves men and a rag. "Your stomach poking a little bit, but it ain't like Rei's." I smiled, putting a hand on her stomach and bending down to kiss the little pudge. "You got one of the best moms." I looked up at Anahi and sent her a smile as one was already plastered on her lips.

"Thank you for making me a mommy." She caressed my cheek as I stood straight, I wiped a stray tear that slipped from her left eye. "Sit down for me so I can wash this hair of yours." I knew she didn't want to get emotional, but it happens. Sitting down as she had asked, I eyed her body in admiration.

Anahi needed to be reminded that she's a great mother, and I was always gon give her that reassurance because some days she doesn't feel like she is. Shit, it hurts to see my wife question herself on motherhood, but she really is a phenomenal mom, wife, woman in general. I love her.