♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₄₁

Nayeli Santiago

These open wounds need some time to heal
Youdidme wrong butwant me to forgive
I'm so tiredof going back to the same shit
I'm so tired of going back to the lame shit
I think my heart needs to take some time to heal

I laid on the carpet, my legs resting against the wall as I smoked, the clouds filling my space as Layton Greene's newest album played throughout my room. This song was my life right now. I was tired, emotionally and physically. Tired of men and their ain't shit sorries, it was complete bullshit.

Men cheat but don't wanna own up to it, they'd rather let their woman walk around looking stupid. It's pathetic. Are you a grown man or a little boy? The shit made me laugh, to be completely honest. Kadeem was good at his game, he fooled me.

You didn't think that I would find out 'bout your ex (Yeah)
You didn't think that I would find out y'all had sex (Yeah)
You didn't think that I would go through all your texts (Woah)
I think it's time to lay this shit to rest
'Cause there's a real man out there for me
And he gon' give me all his love and he gon' spoil me
May even show me finer things
May even buy me diamond rings
And don't come running back when I found love (Yeah)
You had your turn, better learn this time's up (Yeah)
I gotta move on, it's messing with my head (Messin' with my head)

"Hey." I looked to the right of me and saw Anahi leaning on the threshold of my room, I waved her in to enter. "You been playing this album for the past two days. How are you really?" She sat beside me, her back against the wall.

I let out a breath, rubbing my cheek. "Hurt to say the least." I looked aimlessly at the ceiling, my thoughts wandering. I felt like I rushed to get into a relationship with Kadeem. He said and did everything right. That's what got to me the most, cause I fell for it. And maybe he did mean what he said, but for him to go back on his word and do the same thing he said he was against is backwards. He despised cheaters, but went out and cheated? Make it make sense! "Huh? Sorry, I just...how can someone say they love you, then hurt you? My heart is heavy, Ani..I loved him, told him everything I've been through." I cried, wiping at my tears.

I was sad and angry at the same time.

"I'm not saying it's going to be something quick to get over, because it's not. Y'all did a lot together." She took hold of my freehand, giving it a squeeze. "The same thing that happened with Cass, imma tell you now. Don't let these niggas tilt your crown, it's their lost in the end. Someone who is deserving of you will come along and treat you as the woman you deserve to be treated as."

Cassius....Cassius...Cassius. He's a real one. I didn't want him to get involved but he found out about what happened through Kadeem, so it's not like I could've stopped him from fighting KC. I appreciated Cass for what he did, that's my best friend. He's been texting me, making sure I'm good to go. Though I did respond to a few of those texts, I had to let him know to not worry bout me and focus on his relationship.

Saniyah's good for him...I didn't want to get in the way of what they have built.

"Thanks sissy." I smiled faintly. She was right, I couldn't sulk because that wouldn't do anything for me. "You tryna hit?" I held the blunt up for her and she shook her head. "You still breastfeeding?"

"Here and there. Kion tryna be grown and stick with the bottle." She pouted, playfully rolling her eyes. "It's okay though, cause that shit be hurting."

"He just wanna be independent." I chuckled lowly, ashing the tip of the blunt before taking another pull. "You know what keeps popping up in my head?" I laughed, scratching just above my eyebrow.