♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₄

Cassius Mitchell

Cassius Mitchell

"I swear Cassius, you better take care of my baby, or it's gon be some problems." Maya pointed her finger at me, causing me to clench my jaw. This bitch trying it, forreal.

"You threatening me? That should be the last thing you do, aight?" I pushed her finger out my face, bumping my shoulder into hers as I walked into her apartment. It was a pigsty, shoes and clothes scattered around the floor, dishes in the sink, on top of the coffee table. "You need to clean this bitch. Got my daughter around this clutter, that ain't safe." I shook my head, walking down the hall to Royalty's room.

"Don't tell me how to live. I don't do it to you." Maya spat back, I stopped in my tracks, turning on my feet to look at her.

"This is nasty to live in, fuckin dirty ass." I retorted, turning back around and going to my baby's room. Putting a smile on my face, she was the only one who could put me in high spirits. "Babygirl," I entered her room, she looked up, running to me and hugging my legs.

"Daddy! I missed youuuu so much!" Royalty boasted, letting my legs go and twirl around the room. See what I mean? Her energy is exactly what I needed.

"I missed you too, Ro. You got your stuff ready, little mama?" I asked, seeing as she nodded and pointed at her bag that was against the wall. "Aight, we out once you put ya shoes on." She nodded, and ran over to her shoe wall, picking out some glittery flats. I picked up her bag, opening it and seeing a couple outfits and her stuffed teddy.

"I ready!" She smiled up at me, causing me to chuckle and grab onto her little hand. 3 years old and my whole world, I love this little girl, man.

—————

"What you wanna watch, Ro?" I asked, as I powered on the DVD player. I had a free night, so I was taking advantage of this time spent wit my daughter. Anyone can say anything about me, but I'm great ass father, no one can take that away from me.

"Dory!" She exclaimed, kicking her little legs excitedly against the couch. I laughed lowly, shaking my head, she's watched it damn near 100 times, ion see how she ain't over it.

Putting in the disc, I sat on the couch next to her, just as my phone dinged. I let out a breath, pulling it out and seeing two notifications. Cairo and Nayeli. I bit my lip as I saw her name, it's a step. Opening the iMessage app, I went to Cairo's message first.

iMessage
East👍🏽
Ma nigga, you got Ro wit you? — 7:44 PM

iMessage
Yee, you slidin thru wit Kai? — 7:45 PM

iMessage
East👍🏽
You already know. I'll be over in 5 — 7:47 PM

iMessage
Bet. — 7:47 PM
Delivered

I looked over at Royalty as she was occupied in the screen, I chuckled a bit. "You got a visitor comin over, Ro." I rubbed her head, soon looking back at my phone.

iMessage
Nayeli
Hey Cassius, what time is the bbq starting Saturday? — 7:44 PM

iMessage
Wassup ma. Its starting around 12, 12:30 but you know how that goes😂 — 7:49 PM
Delivered

I saw the three dots appear, and closed out the message. I still can't believe she agreed to comin, but I was being welcoming, especially since they just moved out here they get to get out the house and meet new people. Shit, ion know if I did it fa selfish reasons, but I want her around.

Nayeli Santiago

Nayeli Santiago

Reading over his text, I laughed lowly. We as black people didn't know what on-time was, the party doesn't really start until like an hour in cause that's usually when people start coming in. Nobody wants to be the first one there, ever. I typed up a quick reply, hitting send.

"This nigga got you real smiley, Nayeli.." Anahi sat next to me on the couch, chuckling a bit. I rolled my eyes discreetly. "What's his name again?"

"Cassius..and I only asked what time the party was, he said something funny, so imma laugh." I shrugged, tapping my nails against my thigh. "I'm not gonna let him distract me if that's what you're thinking...I'm a smart woman, Ani. Mommy taught us well, and I've observed from people we went to school with."

She nodded gently, letting out a hum, "I know you're smart..I can't stop you from getting to know the guy, I trust you on what you want. I'm stepping back, but just know imma always be by your side if shit pops off. I got you, always."

"I know sissy, it's the same way. A nigga or female ever disrespect you, I'm right there." I chuckled, meaning it.

Peoples moves were always goofy while growing up. Anahi and I didn't bother nobody, they always found a reason to come at us on some disrespectful stuff. Y'all know that saying, the quiet ones got the worst temper? Something like that, but we don't do the talking shit, hands are being thrown once disrespect is thrown. Then people wanna be surprised? Like what is that?

"I recall. We had plenty of those moments." She rolled her eyes, laughing. "People stayed trying us though, you know I don't get out of character unless provoked."

"Oh, I know all too well. I still don't understand why we were tried." I thought about it, soon shrugging. It was the past, hopefully it stays there, because we really don't need a repeat out here. "Honestly, it doesn't even matter. We're here, in a better space. Good things happening to us from here on out, Ani." I stated, you have to speak things into existence in order for them to happen, and that's just that.

————-

Things may be starting off slow...but it gets better!

What y'all think is gonna happen at this bbq?👀