♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₄₂

Cassius 'Cash' Mitchell

Wiping the sweat off my forehead with the towel, I blew out a breath as I hopped off the treadmill. I've been working out since I got back home. I needed to get my weight back and though I didn't mind the chubbiness, I was growing tired of it. It was all about toning this shit out, gain muscle, allat.

Looking over to Saniyah, she had been off the last two weeks. She didn't want to be touched, and that shit was aggravating. Talking bout it was her period, but I knew her cycle so ion know what she's hiding, but a nigga was getting fed up at this point and the only way to take out my aggression was while at the gym, it helped level me out.

I'm proud of myself because a year ago I would've hit up one of my hoes to get a quick fuck, but I'm a changed man now.

"Aye, you good Sani?" I grabbed my water bottle off the floor, taking a couple sips. "You been walking around quiet as fuck, wassup?" I raised my brows, pulling the shirt off as it consumed sweat.

"I don't wanna talk about it Cassius, damn." Saniyah spat, an annoyed expression on her face.

I tucked my lips into my mouth, nodding and walked off. Imma let her be, cause wasn't no one finna get into an argument, especially in a public setting.

I had a great workout and her funky ass attitude wasn't about to ruin my mood. Normally I would've pressed the issue, but it wasn't even worth it right now. Grabbing my gym bag from the locker room, I headed out and went to my truck, Saniyah waiting by the passengers side.

Unlocking the doors, she hopped in and I got in shortly after. Starting up the ignition, I looked through all my mirrors then over my shoulder as I reversed out the parking spot, soon driving out the lot. I didn't bother for conversation as I turned the volume up, bumping DaBaby's KIRK album, windows rolled down as my elbow rested on the arm of the door. I watched as Saniyah's hand reached the dial tone, turning it down.

"Why'd you do that?" I questioned, looking to her briefly then putting my eyes back on the road. My jaw flexing.

"It was loud, and my ears are ringing." She huffed, folding her arms over her chest. I chuckled lowly, ion even know why she has attitude. "What's funny?"

"This attitude you got. Whatever you mad at I hope you release that shit, but imma fallback and let you be." I leaned forward onto the steering wheel, my brows furrowed as both of my arms rested on the wheel.

"Whatever Cass."

I ignored her the rest of the ride, turning the volume up in moderation with the button on the wheel. My mind was racing with different thoughts, she was hiding something but was too scared to come out and speak on the issue. I was gon be mad whether she spoke on it earlier or now. I don't get it, she wanted me to be honest with her, yet she couldn't even reciprocate that.

Shit was baffling to keep it a buck.

"You just gonna stay in here?" I looked to the right of me, seeing that Saniyah had stepped out the car. I took note that we were parked outside my house.

"Give me a minute." I muttered, she nodded and closed the door behind her as she walked up the walkway. I blew out a breath looking out the window and at the patchy sky. "God, I know I haven't spoke to you in a while, but I'm asking for a sign. Guide me in the right direction, steer me away from lashing out. Be over me, in the name of Jesus, amen."

You ever felt like some shit was gon pop off? I felt that energy, it was too much tension going on and it was rubbing off from Saniyah. I ain't like it, cause now it had me question everything.

Shaking it off, I was just gon take a shower and wash off this workout. Shaking my head as I walked up the staircase, hearing the shower run from another bathroom down the hall, imma just let her do her. As I got to my room I instantly stripped out of the sweaty clothes placing them into the hamper, and hopped into the shower. The lukewarm water hitting me as the temperature grew.