♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₃₇

Cassius "Cash" Mitchell

"How was the baby shower?" I looked at Saniyah as she sat across from me, she looked beautiful more than ever. Seeing her and calling her every chance I got was worth it, even if I was being stubborn, she helped ground me. "I love when you smile." I licked my lips, catching her dimples form.

"It was beautiful. Anahi cried like a baby, and I know why." She sighed, causing us both to look down. Cairo wasn't there to witness, and I know my bro was beating himself up about it too. He'd miss out on two important things while in this relationship with Anahi. "She's strong though, she has us but I know she misses Cai's big headed ass."

"Damn, don't play my bro like that." I laughed, causing her to wave her hand. "They both miss each other, once we home it's wraps. You know how they be."

"All over each other." She chuckled, grabbing hold of my hand and interlacing our fingers. "I know I ask all the time, but forreal baby, how you holdin up?" Saniyah looked at me, a mix of serious and worried. I knew she was going to worry, as her man that's what she was gon do.

"I'm aight." I lifted a shoulder, my other hand swiping down my grown curls. I needed a cut. "I been minding mine like you asked of, niggas still gon do stupid shit though." I paused, licking the corner of my lip. "Ion want you to worry, ma. Imma be good."

"When it comes to you, Cass, I always will...just like you be worried about me." She gave me a look, and I rubbed the back of my neck with my freehand. "You and Cai got your boys following me and Anahi around, and we're appreciative of that but y'all need to calm down."

"We'll calm down when we get out." I shrugged, my tone nonchalant, it wasn't up for debate. We had to be cautious cause another kidnapping was not finna happen. "We not bout to argue about it Sani, aight?"

"Fine." She rolled her eyes, waving it off. Exactly, she knew I was right and it was something to look over. "I see you eating good," she smirked, causing me to huff. "You was skinny when you came in bae, this weight you picked up looks good. Thick papi." She laughed, biting the corner of her lip.

"Fuck outta here." I laughed, licking my lips. "Imma tone it out, so don't even worry bout this shit lasting."

—————

I had a small workout after meeting with Sani, lifted weights, pull-ups, pushups, the whole nine. It gave me something to do while inside, my thoughts wandering to my daughter and girl. I was ready to be home with my family and friends, shit Cairo and I both were.

It's bad enough as is that we gon be celebrating our 29th birthday behind bars, no family with us to celebrate but to make phone calls.

I shook my head as my thoughts wandered to the hearing we have coming up, and I hope it's us going home. The shit they have on Cruz is way bigger than what they got us for, so I'm praying that the judge would be on our side and let us out, but y'all know how that goes. The system is fucked. All I could do was keep my head high and pray to get out, shit our charges were minor so if it's parole for a year then I could live with that. To be real, our lawyers were smart and knew the proper wordplay in this type of situation.

"Aye Cash, get up." I heard Cairo say, his tone harsh. "Two niggas comin." He dropped his weights, and I huffed sitting up after my last sit-up, wiping the sweat off with an old shirt I kept.

"We don't need this shit right now." I grumbled, pushing myself up and looking at the two as they approached us. "Wassup." I looked them up and down, my jaw clenched.

"Say it ain't so." One chuckled, eyeing both me and Cairo. "We got East and Cash in this bitch, we ain't wanna believe it but we see y'all." He nudged his buddy with his elbow.