♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₁₇

Anahi Santiago

My phone was on do not disturb, I didn't want to be bothered by nobody. It had been 2 days, and I was honestly trying to just get myself in a calm state.

The way Cairo dismissed my feelings, hurt. He couldn't even tell me who gave him the hickey and I don't know what for. The fuck is he hiding that he couldn't be honest about it? It didn't make sense because as he expects me to be honest with him, he needs to reciprocate that. I couldn't stress it though, cause like he said I ain't his girl. I roll my eyes every time, cause he sure was treating me like i was his woman. Always tryna take me out somewhere, spend time with me, you name it.

It felt like a slap to the face.

I couldn't sulk in my feelings, and I wasn't. I just had to bounce back and move on from it. If he wanted to speak, he would. I wasn't about to beg or apologize for what happened, I saw what I saw cause had I pulled some shit like that? It's world war 3 in this bitch.

I was honestly tired of niggas and their ain't shit ways, so maybe it was a sign to not get too involved with him? Too late for that, I invested so much time in his daughter's life and a part of me just couldn't stop being around. But for now it had to happen. No matter how much it hurt to leave that little girls life, but her father wants to be on his dumb shit.

"Excuse me," I spoke politely, maneuvering the cart around the woman as the aisle was getting crammed. Everybody and they mama wanted some damn paper towels. When I looked at who it was, I mentally rolled my eyes. "Can I have my face back, Nicole." I held a sarcastic smile on my lips as she just stared at me.

As if the past 2 days weren't annoying as is, seeing this woman didn't need to be added onto my list. She had a smart ass mouth, and I already knew she'd throw out some slick comments. The bitch was that aggravating.

"Oh boohoo, Anahi." She rolled her eyes at me, I held my tongue back from saying something slick. I respected Cairo to not disrespect this lady, but as of now, ion know how that's gon work. "You look like someone hurt your feelings." She spoke in a fake sympathetic tone, a pout forming.

Why was she talking to me like we were friends or some shit? This bitch better move on fore I have to smack her.

"I'm fine, so could you move out the way." I tried not to be rude, but she was stopping me from what I needed to do. What did Cairo even see in her childish ass? Please tell me! "Bruh, you're a damn child. Move!" I spat as she wanted to bump me and my cart.

"You not gon do nothing, so relax." Nicole spoke, finally moving her shit out the way. Took her long enough. Moving passed her, she decided to speak again. "Did you see the gift I left on Cairo?" She held a sly smirk on her face. So it was her?

Why do bitches love to display what they do? As if I wasn't already mad about him for not telling me, but for this bitch to blatantly say it out loud made me laugh. She was a miserable Betty. She was honestly embarrassing herself cause he didn't care for her, but he still let it happen. He should've pushed her back, something. But it is what it is, I'm not stressing about it. I just have to play my part and act like he told me.

"I did, so why you gotta broadcast that information?" I questioned, a brow perked. "If I were you, I'd stop chasing after a nigga who doesn't want to be with you, Nicole. That's thirsty behavior, and you're looking parched, sweetie."