♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₁₉

Cassius 'Cash' Mitchell

Right. Left. Right.

Pulling up to the abandoned warehouse, two other trucks parked outside. I hated these meetings, whether we had cops on our payroll or not, I still ain't trust their pig asses. At the end of the day they still got their badge and will get a suspension for any misdemeanor charge, while niggas get locked up or end up dead. Shit was backwards in my eyes, but that's how the system is.

"We gon be straight, Cash. Just relax, I'll do all the talking." Cairo spoke, breaking the silence as I parked.

"That's coo with me, cause I ain't got shit to say to em." I pulled the keys out the ignition, us hopping out the truck and walking towards the building. "I'll just be observing like I always do."

"And that's why you're an important asset bro. You got my back, and I got yours." Cairo slapped his hand onto my shoulder, causing us both to chuckle.

It's been like that since we was youngins, all we got type shit cause the next nigga in line is gon want something in return. Niggas tend to get greedy in a certain position they reach, not realizing that that shit can turn around and slap them in the face. It's either death or jail time.

"Fellas." Cairo greeted the four undercover cops we had on our payroll. Our guys already here with them, that was the second truck parked out front. "What's the word?" He quizzed looking at the four as Shooter and Izzy finished patting them down.

"Your shipments are gon have to be on hold. Our captain wants loading docks to get intercepted due to Cruz." James spoke, shaking his head, "We know y'all don't want those problems, and eyes been on Cruz cause he moves sloppy. The last thing y'all need is to be involved with that."

They were telling us shit we already knew. Cruz been a problem from jump, so this wasn't surprising to hear, but since the muhfucka been moving sloppy it interferes with our money. How do they expect us to stop our distributors from dropping off a shipment? They want to get paid too!

"It's not a problem for us until it's a problem. And it's a problem, our business is getting stopped." Cairo spat, folding his arms over his chest. "I guess no one gettin paid, huh Cash?" He looked to me, shaking his head.

"I guess not." I shrugged, I watched each of them clench their jaws, looks personal to me.

"Y'all don't have to do that." Fat ass Pete decided to speak.

Cairo looked back at me with a raised brow, giving me that look. We both let out a sinister laugh, these muhfuckas must take us as fools. That shit was hilarious to me. How do they expect to get paid if we don't have our cut from another source?

"Y'all don't have to do that." Cairo mocked, a laugh parting his lips, "Muhfucka you sound dumb! You can't get paid if our shit don't come in." He shook his head, raising his hand up for them to shut their mouths as one of them were about to speak. "Fuck allat, we got a shipment coming in tomorrow night. Make sure it don't get intercepted."

I knew what Cairo was doing, he was testing them, see which one of these bitches were running. It didn't matter if you had a dirty cop in your corner, they'll always still be a cop and try to put you under for a raise.

Once they left out the warehouse, making sure their truck was off the lot we all turned to each other. Letting the silence consume us for a little bit longer, we all had to strategize. We had other loading docks, some that the cops didn't even know about, that's where we would have to reroute all our shit.

"Why you tell em we got a shipment coming in?" Izzy quizzed, his arms folded across his chest as he looked at Cairo.

"It's a test, nigga." I chuckled loosely, "We have to keep our eyes moving on the streets, shit is bout to get realer than real especially if dumbass Cruz is making the moves he's making."