♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₇₄

Vote, Comment, Enjoy

Anahi Brewster

"For the oils, we're starting off with lavender, eucalyptus, peppermint, and rose?" I asked Nayeli as we sat in my office, going over our next project.

"Yeah, I like those and then we can build from there." She smiled, I nodded matching her smile. "I'm still gon do the press on nails, but I'll start on that after this jumps off."

"You don't have to wait sissy, start on it now and then by the time it's complete we can do promo after the oils take off. You know the grind don't stop for us." I licked the corner of my lip, dropping my pen as we both fell in laughter, nodding.

"I know, but you know how I am. Focus on one thing, then work on the next....but I guess I'll get the designs, shapes, and measurements out the way."

I agreed with her, letting her know it'll be a great idea. We've really came a long way from two young girls trying to figure it out in Houston; I remember the first time I started on a wig all on my own during one summer, it was the start of my senior year in high school. I had a collection of about ten, and I was switching up my hairstyle every other day. Of course a few bitches hated, but then there were a few who supported and when they found out Nayeli was always doing our nails, seeing that our acrylics were on point, that's when our clientele built up and we had been stacking up since. Then the little support we did get through a few family members was followed and appreciated, but our daddy was our biggest supporter. Even though his sickness took over, he still supported. It only made us go harder as we grew up, and now looking back at us just seven years ago trying to figure it out in Miami, we seen our business flourish into something that we're proud to call our own. Not one shop, but two! Mommy and daddy, we made it!

"You think Nicole gon pass her next test?" Nayeli questioned, perking her brow. "I still can't believe she acted the way she did, but it's not surprising."

It's been two weeks since that night, and it just showed us that we were right. Nicole doesn't care about Kairi, and maybe she did at one point, but now? That's a long shot. None of her actions had been followed through.

Chuckling, I scratched at the top of my head with my index finger. "Girl, she's got an illness in her that won't go away. So her passing might be a reach. It's just real sad how we all gave her a chance, but she's constantly showing her ass, so that's all on her. Plus all that crying she was doing in court was fake too, as she doesn't care about my daughter. She's lucky I ain't beat her ass last week." I rolled my eyes, leaning back in the chair.

Nicole wasn't a mother, she's a surrogate.

"I know it took a lot out of you not to, and Cai did good too by not reacting the way he normally does." She chortled, clapping her hands. "Y'all both kept it classy."

"We weren't bout to show out in front of Janine. I had walked away because that was the right thing to do. But trust, I really could've showed my ass and put hands on her. On some real shit though, she needs to stop fuckin playing with my daughter." I blew out a tiny breath, pinching the bridge of my nose. "I prayed for more patience."

"That prayer was answered...just a bit, deep breath sis." Nayeli smiled, leaning forward onto the desk. I playfully rolled my eyes. "But to be honest, Nicole is gon get hers. Karma always comes back around."

Nodding in agreeance, we left it at that. Talking about Nicole was draining, so no need to put our energy into it more than what we have.

Finishing up some paperwork, we both walked out my office and down to the main floor. I had a couple appointments today, and then I'd be over at mama's to pick up my babies. We were all ready for them to go back to school as they've been eating up all the food from every cabinet; and I've been grocery shopping every other week because that's all they do is eat, on top of Cairo's greedy ass.