♛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ₇

Anahi Santiago

We were at the beach. The light illuminating was the moon and the few light poles around the grass area. It was a beautiful night, hearing the soft waves clashing against the shore, it was peaceful, no one in the way.

We were sitting at one of the bench tables. I was across from Cairo as he stuffed his face with one of those angus burgers; he ate like a child, a bit messy but still neat. Stirring my straw around my milkshake to loosen it up, they always made it too thick, but it lasted longer so I wasn't tripping. Stealing one of his fries, I dipped it into the mix and soon bit into it.

"Yo, what I say? Don't be touchin ma food, then do that nasty shit." Cairo mugged me, soon chuckling. He was a stingy nigga.

"Don't be stingy, it was one fry." I crossed my eyes, chewing the remainder of the fry in my mouth before speaking again, "It's not nasty, it's that perfect balance of salty and sweet." I shrugged, sipping some of the milkshake, getting a nice chunk of Oreo.

"Whatever, ma." He licked the corner of his lip, grabbing a napkin and wiping his mouth, soon balling it up in his hand. "Y'all got a nice house, out here livin lavish." He chuckled, I rolled my eyes. No one knows what we've been through or how the house was even passed down to us.

"Its home, wouldn't call it lavish. I ain't out here flexin or nothing." I moved a piece of hair back, putting my arms atop of the table, moving my shake out the way. He took hold of the cup, and sipped from the straw. I twisted my top lip up, "Uh uh, ion know where ya mouth been."

Cairo chuckled, shrugging as he still sipped from the straw. "I ain't no dirty muhfucka, aight?" I rolled my eyes, that don't even matter, I don't like sharing drinks, period. "Keep rolling ya eyes, they gon stay like that..or I could give you a reason to." He smiled childishly, I squinted my eyes at him.

"None of that will be happening." I stated, yet, my conscience spoke. Shut up! "So what you do again?" I asked, bringing one of my arms up and holding my chin. He was vague the first time we spoke, and that was at shake shack, about a week ago.

He licked his lips, moving my shake out his way. He could honestly just finish it. "Own a tattoo shop wit Cassius, makes good money." He looked at me briefly, before going back to his burger. I looked at him skeptically, but shrugged it off, everything doesn't need to be told.  "What y'all do?"

I lifted my shoulders, chuckling lowly. "We gotta start over and shit. But we do wanna open up our own spa.... We just gotta do a couple scoutings of some spots." I paused, biting my bottom lip. "We gon start on that in the next couple of days." I slid the shake back to me, wiping the straw with a napkin soon sipping.

"That's dope. Y'all should do it, and if y'all need a job for the time being, we need a person at the front desk." He looked at me, shrugging, "If y'all want it. I ain't finna beg." He chortled.

"Ion need no handout, thanks tho." I chuckled lowly, biting on the straw as I sipped more of the shake.

Nayeli Santiago

"Stopppp!" I laughed, tears spilling out. I caught my breath, a hand over my stomach as I rubbed out the cramps from laughing too much. "You're ridiculous, Cassius.." I wiped the little tears from my eyes, getting comfortable against my pillows.

"Nah, I'm deadass. How you a stripper but stank? That ain't it." He said through the line, his voice much deeper than before. I tightened my legs together. "Why we ain't on FaceTime?" He suddenly asked, I crossed my eyes.

"You got to make an appointment for that." I joked, but was serious at the same time. He smacked his teeth, I shrugged. "We're gonna see each other tomorrow anyways, so you can't wait to see my face then?" I asked, chewing on my bottom lip.

"Nahhhh." He dragged out coolly. I inhaled a breath, his voice was in that deep and raspy state, fuck! "But it's coo, I'll wait till tomorrow as requested."

"Mhmm." I hummed, chuckling softly, "I'll see you tomorrow, Cassius." I smiled a bit. I don't know what this man is doing to me, but I gotta get it together. I was looking for a friend, but he's just smooth, it's hard not to be attracted to him.

"Aight lil mama, see you." He smiled, i heard it in his tone. Both ending the call, I checked the time 1:27 AM. Damn near 3 hours on the phone with him? That's wild.

Anahi still wasn't home, or maybe she came in and I didn't hear her come back? Sighing, I looked at how much battery life I had, 17%, as I was about to send a text to my sister, I heard the door slam shut and footsteps stomping up the steps. Oh shit! Connecting my phone to the charger, I threw my blanket off and got out the bed, running over to the door and opening it.

"What happened?" I asked as she passed my door. She turned around, and all i saw was a look of annoyance on her face.