Chapter 46

OLIVIA

"Hey! You've reached Rob. Can't get to the phone right now, and I'm probably really busy. But, I'll call you back as soon as I can."

Beep!

I end the call, angrily and resist the urge to throw my phone against my bedroom wall. Instead, I decide try calling him one more time.

"Pick up the phone, Rob... I swear..." I whisper, hearing the line ring for the fifteenth time.

After Lil's accidental revelation, I decided to get answers for myself. Well, that was after I took a good ten minutes to relieve my rage with some quick yoga. Luckily, Lil was downstairs watching the kids so I could figure this whole mess out.

So many emotions were running through me, and I didn't know which one to act on. Or whether I should really act at all.

But I had to confirm what I heard from Lil with Rob. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

He is making it so hard, though.

"Hey! You've reached Rob. Can't get to the phone right now, and I'm probably really-"

"DAMN IT!" I scream, throwing the phone onto the bed. I breathe heavily for a few seconds when I realize I didn't hang up yet.

I walk over to the bed and pick up my cell, slowly bringing it to my ear.

"Robert, this is Olivia. I have something urgent I need to discuss with you. So, you-... Just... Call me back. Please."

I end the call, placing my hands on my waist and stare at the bedroom door. I can feel the tears of rage welling up in my eyes. Shaking my head, I try to will my eyes to dry.

"Damn it," I whisper in a shaky voice, rubbing my wet eyes.

Logic slowly started to leave my brain as I thought of all the reasons he could've lied to me. It's not like he lied to go and hang out with his buddies. He was meeting up with a woman.

A woman I didn't even know existed an hour ago.

He was meeting with some woman while I was at home, taking care of the house and our children. Like some sort of fool.

"Is this who I've become? A weak victim?" The words barely escaped my lips as I cried, falling to the ground.

"God..." I continue to weep, cradling my head in my hands.

I hear footsteps ascending up the stairs quickly, then the door swings open.

"Lillian-"

"Liv..."

I lift my head, my eyes wide with shock.

Rob comes over to me, concern written all over his face, "what happened?" he asked, crouching down next to me.

Confused, I search his eyes, looking for some sort of answer, "I..."

He looks at me, studying my state to make sure I was unharmed. Rob waita patiently for me to say something. After a few minutes of gazing at my woeful being, he simply sits on the floor and pulled me into his arms.

"Tell me what happened, Liv," Rob whispers tenderly.

My head started to feel the toll of all that crying as he brought me to his chest. My eyes flutter shut as I wrap my arms around him.

******

Lillian walks into the dining room, carrying one last try in her oven mitt covered hands. She places the glassware onto the center place mat, and removes her mitts. The satisfaction of setting up a feast for us is evident in her expression. Lil smiles at us, then put her hands together.