Chapter 6

Liv looked out the window of her aunt's car. After crying herself to sleep, she woke up to a peppermint tea and an insistent aunt Jen about going to an ultrasound, to which Liv hesitantly agreed. "So, what are you going to do with the kid?" Jen asked as she got into the driver's seat. Liv had been waiting for her while she grabbed some things she forgot back in the office. Liv turned to her aunt and just looked at her. "I'm keeping it." she said, confidently.

           "Well just- Hey, it's Robert!" Jeniffer exclaimed. Liv quickly looked around and her aunt shook her head, laughing. "I knew it. He's the baby daddy, isn't he?" Jen asked Liv. Liv looked away, ashamed. She nodded her head slowly. "I didn't know he was...that much older..." she tried to keep the tears from leaving her eyes. Jen put a hand on Liv's back, comforting her. "Hey, don't be so upset. At least the baby's going to be gorgeous." she told her.

-Liv's POV-

I smiled genuinely at my aunt. "Hey, there's the little Livy I know and love! I was wondering what happened to her." She said, giving me a playful shove. "Well, she was kinda bummed out since she saw the guy she likes with someone else after..." I said, but decided I'd better not continue my phrase. "After he slept with her?" Aunt Jen asked. I looked at her and nodded. She really gets me.

"You know, I would do something to him, but I just so happen to like my job." she said, adding a little laugh to her sentence. "You don't have to, it's cool." I told her. She gave me an appreciative smile, and then started the car.

We were going to this hospital that was only about 45 minutes away. But, with the heavy traffic ahead, we wouldn't be getting there anytime soon. Aunt Jen pulled into a gas station instead of risking being stuck in traffic for who knows how long? She shook her head, sighed, and then called her husband, Aaron.

I thought about all the good movies I knew, and then decided I wanted to watch 'The Back-up Plan'. She got pregnant, fell in love, and then got married. "He was such a sweet guy...I want something like that..." I said quietly to myself. I tapped play on the screen and just sat back in my seat.

My aunt was talking loudly enough that I could hear her, so I just decided to wait until she was finished on the phone.

"I'm gonna be home a little late...I'm not still at work, there's traffic on the highway...I'm taking Olivia to the hospital...What?! No, she's fine. Yes, she's here...Hun-Hunny-Hunny, I'm putting you on speaker." She took the phone off her ear and set it down in one of the cupholders.

"Hey, little Livy!" Aaron sounded pretty happy to talk to me.

"Hi, Aaron." I said, smiling.

"What? I'm shocked. You sound so mature, now! No more, 'uncle arry', huh?"

"Well, first of all, I kinda grew out of it. You're lucky I still remember you. Second, I am 17 after all. I'm bound to sound more mature. It's nice to talk again though."

"Well, ouch. But, yeah, you sound well, kiddo. Jenny! You gotta get over here!"

"Why?" my aunt asked, looking confused.

"My parents are coming over tonight, remember? I can't cook for shit."

"Daddy! Language!" I could hear one of my cousins calling him out.

"Sorry, Erika. I need you, babe." he said.

"Aww!" Both my aunt and I cooed at the same time. "Okay, I'm only 10 minutes away. Be there soon. Love you." aunt Jen said. "Love you too. See you soon." Aaron said, then hung up. "Who needs a movie when I can just watch you guys?" I put my hands to my face and smiled. "That sounded creepy, Liv." she said, chuckling.

We got to her house and when she opened the door, I could hear the TV on and I could smell pizza in the oven. "Aaron? I thought you didn't know how to cook!" My uncle came out the kitchen and smiled, "I'm not the one who's cooking." he looked to his right and his mother ran up to aunt Jen, attacking her with a hug.

_________________________________________________________________