Chapter 18: Honeymoon Phase; Over

OLIVIA

Oh, what the hell?

"What the hell?" Rob said, or asked I guess. "I was just thinking the same thing." I told him, chuckling. His frown turned into a smile and he shook his head. "I want to buy these oreos... But, grapes are a healthier alternative." He sighed and I had to laugh at his distress.

"You can get the Oreo cookies. And stop pouting Rob." I told him with a playful shove. He chuckled and put the cookies into the cart. "So, why were you thinking 'what the hell'?" Rob asked me. I shrugged, pushing the cart. He went in front of it, causing it to stop.

"Love bunny, please. Tell what was on your mind." He teased. "That voice. I guess I have no choice. I was just thinking about how I'm going to make some money. Of course, there's the college or university options. But, I could also do it online. But, who knows how long that will take? And-"

Robert took my hand and squeezed it. "We're doing awesome financially. Your family's rich. I'm pretty wealthy. So, what's really bothering you, because I know that money isn't it." He said, meeting me eye to eye.

I sighed and looked at the contents of our cart. "I love my sister. You know I do. But... She's just-" "Driving you crazy?" He asked. I nodded. "I don't want to tell her that I want her out. I don't. But, she's a bit much. She acts like I'm the landlord or something and that she can just keep things away. We're sisters. Our kids are cousins. It shouldn't be like that." I said.

He nodded, grabbing another pack of Oreos. We continued walking through the store, quietly, until Rob broke the silence. "I think she's just used to being spoiled." "Who?" I asked. "Amanda." He replied. "I know! It's been like that for so long! You think I'd be the spoiled one since I'm the youngest but, no! She-"

"You don't help the fact." He added. I was grabbing a box of iced tea and looked at him. "What do you mean?" I asked. He took the box from me and put it in the cart. "I mean, you don't set any boundaries. At least Britney doesn't put up with her crap." He stated. I stopped the cart and looked at him.

"Excuse me?" I asked. He turned around and, when he took in my expression, sighed. A long sigh. "What did I say now?" He asked. "I don't know why I even bother." I said, pushing the cart towards the checkout. He followed behind me.

"Liv, please, just tell me why you're upset." He said. "The fact that you just spit those words out without thinking says something." I told him. He went in front of the cart and stopped it. "Please. I don't want to fight with you." He said. I pushed the cart past him and into the line. I started loading our groceries onto the conveyor belt. "Who's fighting?" I asked. He sighed, then payed for the groceries.

"We're home!" I called out. Britney came walking down the steps, holding CJ. "Welcome back, lovebirds." She said with a smile. Rob and I looked at each other. I looked away, and he sighed. The smile left Britney's face. Rob took off his shoes and went into the kitchen with the groceries.

Britney look at me and I shrugged. "What happened?" She asked. I was about to respond when Rob came out of the kitchen and went upstairs. Once he was out of earshot I spoke. "He said something so rude. I said excuse me and he sighed. He then asked what he said! And he had just said it! Not only does he just speak, he has bad memory too!" I walked into the living room and sat on the couch, crossing my arms.

Britney came and sat next to me. I looked at her and she nodded. "What did he say?" She asked. "Well, we were talking about how Manda is kind of spoiled-" "Kind of?" She asked with an amused look. "Spoiled, whatever. And then he said that I don't help the fact. And then he was like 'at least Britney doesn't put up with her crap'." I said, mocking Rob's voice.