Chapter 30

"Did I ever tell you about this guy my sister used to date?"

ROB

Liv looked at me, irritated, "um, no. Why would you?"

"Well, I wasn't going to until now," I sighed, massaging the bridge of my nose with my thumb and index finger. I was trying so hard not to scream.

This guy really did rounds. How the hell do I have some relation to him?! Other than Lil...

"What did you say?" Liv asked, staring at me.

"Did I just say that out loud?"

She nodded, "and now you're going to explain that out loud."

I took her hands and had her sit on the bed, then knelt in front of her, "Liv-"

"Stop trying to distract me with sex, Rob! Now is not the time," She told me, stern. I laughed, shaking my head, "I wasn't even thinking of that. But, hey. A quickie is all good with me-"

"What were you saying?" She asked, fighting a smile.

I returned to my seriousness, looking her right in the eye, "I'm just gonna rip off the bandage. My sister dated this guy like three years ago. They were together for about a year and some, always saying 'I love you', all that stuff. He was married, and she knew that. But he broke up with her after his wife was seven months pregnant. That's why she had something against you-"

Liv looked taken a-back, "But-"

"I know, it makes no sense. Anyway, so Amanda is 'dating' this guy named Raven. Correct?"

She grimaced, "Yeah."

"He has bright red hair, lots of tattoos and piercings?"

She looked at me with suspicion, "Yeah... Wait, you've-. Oh, yeah, you saw him that day!"

I nodded, slowly, "I've met him before that, too."

Liv gave me a funny smile, "When?"

I took a deep breath then let out a heaving sigh, "Liv... Lillian's ex is also named Raven..."

Liv's smile quickly evolved into a deep frown, then anger. At this point, I was squeezing her hands in mine, trying my best to keep her calm.

I started speaking again, quieter now, "I know that Amanda cheated on him with Ryan, and that's how Neil is here, but-"

Liv shook her head, tears welling up in her eyes, "Amanda is married to him...?"

I nodded, massaging her hands.

"Rob," she choked out.

"Yeah, baby?"

"Ryan isn't Neil's birth father..."

I was completely lost now, "then who is?"

Liv blinked, tears falling from her eyes. She was avoiding eye contact, "I can't believe I never told you this-"

"Babe, look at me," I coaxed. Her eyes finally met with mine, filled with tears. I hated seeing her like this...

She shook her head, "Rob... Raven is Neil's birth father."

******

"May I have everyone's attention, please!" Liv called out, standing in the living room. Her vocal projection was great, so our guests immediately quieted down and gathered where we were. Even my dad, and he takes forever to stop talking about, well, anything.

"Thank you," she smiled. "I'd like to thank you all for coming. As you know, I am currently 18-"

"Going on 19!" Someone called out.