Chapter 14

(please read the end notes, they're important!)

LIV

I blinked twice then rubbed my eyes as I woke up. In front of me sat Rob, sleeping on the reclining chair. I shook his leg and he woke up immediately. "Rob. Where's Neil?"

"Hmm?" He asked, not completely awake I guess.

"Neil. The baby, where is he?" I asked again, patiently.

"Oh... He's with your aunt. She's back at her house. She said she would watch him for the night and then bring him back. How are you feeling?" He asked with an exhausted smile.

"I'm fine. What happened last night?"

"Well, what do you remember?"

"Getting here. Pain. The doctor checked how dilated I was and said it would be a while. That's about it."

"Hmm. Well, you fell asleep after that and he checked again later. You were having contractions but I guess since you were asleep you didn't feel all the pain. But, you were complaining a little while you were sleeping." He said. I looked at him and could tell he was trying not to laugh.

"Did I say something bad?" I asked, not sure what I was even dreaming about. God knows what I might've said.

"No, no. But it was funny." He admitted, smiling.

"What did I say?" I really wasn't going to let this one go.

"You were saying something about Johnny English. And then 3 bottoms on a baby. I remember that part of the movie."

"Johnny English? Why?" That makes no sense.

"I was watching it last night while you were sleeping. Sorry." He laughed and I punched him in the arm. "Ow! That actually hurt." He said, still laughing. "It doesn't look like it." I replied, folding my arms. In that same moment I got another contraction. I shut my eyes tight and breathed deeply. Rob must've noticed because because he got up and starting rubbing my shoulders.

I don't know where he got that idea from but it actually helped distract me from the pain of the contractions. "Thank you." I whispered. "No problem at all. I get amazing massages from you when I'm tense or sore." He replied and I smiled.

The pain finally passed and I let a long, and I mean a long sigh of relief. "Thank ya Robby babe." I said in a strange accent playfully. He sat back down in his chair and looked at me. I started laughing and he smiled. "You're definitely okay now. That strange accent. Where'd you get it from, anyway?" He asked. I shrugged, "I honestly have no idea."

"Olivia! I-I'm so sorry!" Myra ran into the room and tackled me with a hug. She then started crying and I just laughed. "Easy, Myra. Why're you crying?" I asked. "I haven't been the friend you needed at all and I feel so terrible about that! I should've been here for you!" She started wailing again and I waited for her to calm down.

Amanda and Ryan walked into the room behind her. Amanda was laughing and Ryan was just standing there with his hands stuffed in his pockets. He looks up and I avert my eyes. I still can't stand to look him in the eyes sometimes.

"Well, you've been busy with uni applications and all that. I'm not upset. And that birthday surprise? Absolutely amazing." I told her. She looked up, expression lighter. "Really?" I nodded. "You know-"

"Could I talk to you, Liv?" Ryan asked. I gave him a dirty looked until I noticed Amanda with a pleading expression on her face. "Fine. But I want Rob here with me." I said. Robert nodded in agreement when his phone started ringing.