Chapter 17

LIV

***

I looked at her, completely confused. "H-How did you know that?" I asked. I honestly hoped this wasn't the same as what happened with Amanda. "Look, Livy, I don't know how to tell you this... It's me." She said. I looked at her, confused.

She sighed and looked at me. "I'm CJ's mom and... Oh gosh. Ryan is my husband."

***

I looked at her and just... Blinked. I must be going crazy. Did she just say...?

"Did you just say-"

"Ryan is my husband. Yes, I did. Twice." She replied.

I just looked at her, still not processing this sudden nonsense. "What the hell is wrong with you?! Why would you say something like that?! How are you married? When? Why? What. The. Hell." I let out a small percentage of my frustration then sighed. I looked back at Brit and...

"Why are you laughing?!" I asked, more like, yelled in confusion and anger.

"Because I was just kidding. I can't believe you believed me." She laughed and laughed while I shook my head at her.

"Well, you know, as my sister I thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt. Last time I'm doing that." I said. She looked at me and stopped laughing. "Oh, come on Liv! I honestly didn't think you'd fall for that."

I said nothing.

"I'm sorry, okay?"

Still nothing.

"Are you-... Are you seriously giving me the silent treatment?"

Nothin'.

"Wow, I see how it is. Fine then. I'm not talking to you either."

I looked at her and she huffed and looked at the living room TV. I watched as she seemed to be irritated by the silence hovering between us. She looked at me and sighed.

"Okay, you win. I shouldn't tease you. I know it bothers you." She admitted.

"Not as much as your presence." I retorted jokingly.

"Very funny."

Knock! Knock! Knock!

I opened my eyes, rolled over in my bed and checked the time.

2:15 AM

Who would be knocking at this time of night?! ......................................................

OH MY GOD!

It's probably what they show in the movies. The creepers at the door.

I shot up and shook Rob, who was sleeping next to me, awake.

"What time is it?" He asked, his voice groggy. "That doesn't matter! I- Actually, it does. It has everything to with time! The time is NOW!" I exclaimed.

"Woah, woah. Shhh..." He said, but then fell asleep.

"Rob. Rob. Rob. Rob. Rob. Rob. Rob-"

"Oh my goodness! What?!" He yelled. I was shocked but then started laughing.

"Wait, why am I laughing? I think there are creepers at the door! Like in the movies! It's like 2:20 AM. I need back up!" I whisper-yelled.

He nodded, slowly, while squinting at me like I was crazy. I was flabbergasted!

"You don't believe me?! I'm serious, Rob!"

"You've done this before." He said. I looked at him, completely lost.