Chapter 27

*Just so you guys know, I was foooolish!! Rob is supposed to be 8 years older that Liv, not 7. So, let's just disregard some of that info. He's turning 27. This is why I'm making another one...*

LIV

"Lilli, I'm not your doormat. You can't talk to me however you want. I don't care if you're Rob's sister or not. I deserve some respect." I sighed, "I should've said that."

"But, you didn't have to." Kaelynn said, smiling. "That speech you gave her was so..."

"Bad-ass?" Yana asked.

"Yes." Kaelynn blushed, not one for coarse language.

"It was a lot of fun being with his family. But, Lillian is something else." I shook my head, thinking about Rob's salty sister.

"I don't know what it is with the guys' families. There always seems to be that one member that's difficult in the beginning." Monica commented. "For me, it was my boyfriend's younger brother."

"How old is he?" Traci asked.

"13."

The women laughed, but Monica looked irritated. "I hate to say it, but he was such a brat."

"Here's the thing, ladies." Zara started, "When it comes to meeting your significant other's family, you are an outsider in their eyes. Usually, they're trying to protect their kin, as best as possible. So, some hostility is to be expected sometimes. Not all the time, but sometimes. The worst thing you could possibly do is attack back. Unless it's absolutely necessary, that is."

"Zara's right. Man, it would be so much easier if he was an only child." Heather added.

"No." Traci shook her head, "It isn't." She looked at all of us sternly, "Trust me."

"Why not?" Kaelynn whispered to me, while the other women laughed about Traci's statement.

"Unless his parents are your best friends, it can be like a magnifying glass being pointed at you, underneath the sun, and you're the focus." I told her. She looked at me, not completely understanding my reference. I leaned in, so that only she could hear me.

"You get burnt."

******

I opened the door to my childhood home, pushing the double stroller inside with Neil in the carrier, and feeling nostalgic.

I swear the last I was here was when Amanda dropped that bomb on me.

Well, the baby.

"Olivia!" I heard a deep, welcoming voice call out. I turned to my right and saw my dad coming up to me, his arms open for a hug. "Hey, dad!" I hugged him, very happy to see him.

"Hello!" He exclaimed, so delighted to see the babies. They looked at him, blankly. Neil, on the other hand, smiled at him. "I don't think you two have met. This is Neil." I told my dad. He smiled at the baby, then looked at me, "I've heard the whole story." "Have you, now?"

"It's been a while, huh?" He said. I nodded, "That's on you, though. They don't even recognize you." I took the car-seats out of the stroller and carried them into the living room. My dad laughed as he went into his office, which was close to the living room. "Where's maman?" I asked him.

"I'm right here." My mom walked into the living room, smiling. "How are you?"

"I'm great, awesome. The usual." I took Neil out of his carrier so that he could sit on my lap. "Let me take him." My mom said, extending her hands. I handed Neil to her, who didn't make a fuss. "Thank you." I told her.