Chapter 28

ROBERT

Oh, no...

"I know I said I'd come tomorrow afternoon, but this just couldn't wait. Hi, Liv." Lillian said, directing the last part at Liv. I looked at Liv who was already glaring at me. "Come on, Lillian. Let's go inside." She said this while still glaring at me, only redirecting her gaze as she opened the door and went inside.

I can't believe I forgot to mention she was coming... Or even ask...

"Why don't you take the guest room? It's upstairs at the end of the hall to your right. It's late, and you must be tired." Liv said, giving her a very nice smile. Lillian seemed grateful, "Thanks. I'll see you in the morning then, I guess." "Sure." I told her. "Goodnight." She said to the both of us.

When I heard the guest room door open then close, I followed Liv into the kitchen. "Look, I'm-"

"You knew she was coming and-. No, you didn't even bother to ask me if she could come." She said, not even looking at me.

"I was going to this morning, but I was in such a hurry to leave and you were sleeping." I told her, hoping she would understand. Judging by the look she gave me, she didn't.

"I won't have her in this house after she disrespected me at your parents' place last weekend." She looked at me and there was no trace of the Olivia I'd been  laughing with an hour ago. "Robert Emanuele Braden, you are going to talk to your sister. I want her gone in the morning."

I couldn't ask my sister to leave in the morning. I mean, she can be a handful sometimes, but she was still my little sister. "What if she apologizes? Would you be okay with her staying then?" I asked, knowing how nice Liv could be almost all the time. Well, most of the time.

She looked at me, said something under her breath, then sighed, "Fine." As soon as I smiled, she lifted a finger. "I know what sincerity looks like, and I can feel it when someone's lying. If she doesn't mean it, then it doesn't count. Got it?" I nodded in agreement, "But, do you want me to get her to apol-" "I don't care, Rob. Tomorrow. You both have until tomorrow." She said. "What do you mean both of us? What about me?" I asked, concerned. She pretended I hadn't said anything.

"I'm going to call  my mom. See how the kids are doing." She said, then muttered as she went into the living room, "Mon Dieu, les hommes parfois."

Lil's supposed to mean it? Well, sh*t.

******

I waited for Liv at the bottom of the stairs in the morning. I had to do my best to keep her as delighted as possible. She was such a giving person, and I needed to make sure she was like that today, because Lilian apologizing? I dunno about that...

"Good morning, beautiful!" I smiled as she came down the steps with Neil in her arms. She gave me a confused look and laughed, "Good morning. The twins are finally asleep." She examined the gift I had  for her in my hand, "What's all this?"

"I can't give you, the best thing that's ever happened to me, a gift?" I asked, trying to be stealthy.

"You can keep your gift, Rob. Don't think I've forgotten about what happened yesterday." She didn't seem too mad, but I figured I should start apologizing, too. She had put Neil into his highchair and was preparing his food at the island counter.

"I'm sorry, babe." I said, hugging her from behind. I kissed her neck and said, "You do look so mesmerizing today. Seriously." I kissed her again and she giggled. "I forgive you, okay?" She turned around and started kissing me.

"Could we go upstairs?" I whispered in-between kisses. I could feel her laugh lightly, "Rob-"

"Ahem!" Someone coughed behind us, causing me to jump. I turned around and saw Lilian standing there, smirking.