Chapter 26

ROB

Liv knocked on the front door, while I was holding the twins' baby carriers in both hands, a large duffel bag on my right shoulder as well. Liv had her luggage, Neil, and the baby bags. "Let me just..." I said, nodding for her to knock again. "Rob, I think we should just wait." She told me, looking at the door. I sighed, getting a bit impatient. "It's fine-" in that same moment, the door was swung open.

"Hi!" Exclaimed Celia, my younger sister. She smiled brightly at both of us, then moved aside so we could get in. "Hey, Cel." I said, as I put the car seats down in the foyer. She closed door behind Liv, and shook her head. "Don't call me 'Cel', it sounds like salt. As in salty."

I looked at her, puzzled. "Sel is salt, en Francais." She stated, as a matter of fact.

"Ah." I said, nodding. "Are you actually fluent now? Or, just flirting?"

"Ha, ha." She then looked at Liv, who was watching the exchange between the two of us and smiled. "I'm Celia, 20. And you are Olivia, right?" She extended her hand and Liv took it.

"Yes. It's nice finally meeting you." She said with a nervous smile.

"You're here!" I heard my mom call out. I turned toward the living room and there she was, with her arms spread, my dad in tow. She came up and attacked me with a hug and kisses. "How I've missed you, sweetie!" She exclaimed with pure joy. "Missed you too, mom." I told her, with a smile. She finally let go of me, and I greeted my dad. "Long drive?" He asked, giving me hug. "It was okay." I told him, patting his shoulder after he let me go.

They both looked at Liv at the same time, and smiled at the same time, too.

"Good afternoon." Liv said to them, with a smile. They looked at her and beamed. My mother got to her first,  bringing her in for a hug. "I'm Liana and so happy to finally meet you! I've been dying to see Robert stick with someone! Even if it did take an unplanned pregnancy to do it." She released her from the hug and took a good look at her, "You're gorgeous, too! The full package."

Liv was so embarrassed at this point, she put both hands on her cheeks, barely able to look at anyone. All the while, still holding Neil. "Connor, the father. Nice to meet you." My dad managed to slide in, giving Liv a handshake. "Olivia, nice to meet you, too."

"I would like to meet the babies!" Celia exclaimed, lightly pinching Neil's cheeks. "This is Neil. He's 8 and 1/2 mos. old." Liv handed him to her, and Neil, thankfully, smiled.

My parents each picked up a twin, my mom holding Nuru and my dad held Jessie. "That's Nuru-Ava and Jessie-Rae. They're 18 weeks old." I told them, as they fawned over the babies. "Where's Ronan?" I asked, surprised my brother hadn't popped his head out, "and Lili."

''They are in the kitchen. Come out and greet!" My mom called, which caused Nuru to start fussing. I took her from my mom, trying to keep her calm.

My brother and sister came out of the kitchen, one with a smile and the other with an attempt.

"I'm Ronan, his older brother. 27." He said, shaking Liv's hand. "Olivia. Nice to meet you." Liv said, smiling. She looked at Lili, who was avoiding saying anything. My mom gave Lili a look, which Lili struggled not to roll her eyes at. "I'm Lilian, Celia's twin sister. You must be Olivia. I've heard so much about you." She put on what I think was supposed to be a smile. Liv smiled back at her, genuinely. "Yes, I am. It's great meeting you."

Oh, God. Let this end in laughter instead of tears.

******

"I'm exhausted!" Liv said, laying on our bed after she hooked up the baby monitors. My parents gave us the large guest room. Thankfully. I don't really want Liv seeing my old room. Pretty sure my stuff is still in there.