Chapter 27.5: Easter Egg Hunt

LIV

"That doesn't make any sense." Rob said, cleaning up the family room. "What doesn't make any sense?" I asked as I was icing the Easter Egg cake I'd prepared. Easter was,  of course, a time for Jesus, but there's also the mainstream celebration. I do both, and I was so excited to have ours that afternoon. This cake was just a small piece of the puzzle. You have no idea.

He made his way into the kitchen to grab some decorations. "It doesn't make any sense for us to have an Easter egg hunt. The kids are too small. Well, our kids are too small. We could just have a dinner-"

"The Easter egg hunt is not for the kids." I told him, pausing my decoration.

"Then who's it for-" he looked around, then realized. "Oh... What?!"

"It'll be fun! Bring some childhood back into your life!" I exclaimed, smiling back at my cake. I glanced up and he had on a blank expression. "Don't tell me you've never had an Easter egg hunt before."

"Of course I have. I've just never heard the expression 'childhood back into your life'." He stood behind me, watching the cake process unfold.

"Well, now you have." I put some finishing touches on the cake, then kissed him happily. "I'm going to keep you young, sweet lips. Don't you worry."

"Sweet lips, huh?" He smirked, and I just giggled.

******

"23!" Yana exclaimed, waving her basket around. "Don't be so excited, we have 30."Uncle Aaron said, who'd paired up with his daughter. Aunt Jen, who was with their son and her emerging abdomen, came around and laughed wickedly, "We're in the lead with 31!"

"Whoops!" Yana shrieked, as some of her eggs rolled out of her basket. Rob and Aaron ran to get them, while Yana tried to salvage the one next to her foot. It was in vain, as Rob reached for it. "Damn it!" She said, counting her eggs again, "I'm down to 17..."

"Also..." I announced, my bunny ears bouncing about, "the highest number is 50, for me."

"How many eggs did you hide?" Rob asked. He'd only found 18, so you could say he was struggling.

"200, so there are 51 eggs waiting around the house. The sooner we find them all, the sooner we eat." I told them. Yana shook her head and I laughed.

"This is not fair. You know where all the eggs are!" She whined.

"No I don't. Britney and Amanda hid them around the house. I was in the babies' room so that I didn't see anything. Right, Rob?" I asked for confirmation.

He looked at me, deciding whether to turn them all against me, or go with the truth. I gave him a warning look, basically reminding him who wakes him up in the morning after the fifth alarm. He sighed in defeat, "Yeah, she's clear."

************

A/N

I'm so very sorry that I haven't updated in like two months. I'm very busy, and I'm catching up on a lot of things as well as experiencing many things in my life ATM. Good things, don't worry. They just take up my attention. So, I figured I'd give you a fun little detour from the drama with an Easter egg hunt, since it is Easter. It's also my little sister's birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her! Yay!!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Chapter 27 will be out this Friday, April 1st... Or will it....? Who knows?

See Ya Whenever!

Or will I......? HAHA

-HanaMay