Chapter 38: I Think I Wanna Marry You

Start from the beginning

"So, Brit. No date to the wedding?" Talia asked my sister.

Britney shook her head, glancing at me.

I grabbed a glass of sparkling grape juice from a passing tray, thanking the woman who carried it.

"Really?" Fawn asked, slightly surprised.

"She may not have a date," I started, taking a small sip from my glass. I narrowed my eyes, just enough so that it wouldn't start a fight, but Britney could see my opinion on her newfound 'love'.

As soon as she noticed, I smiled, wiping away any thought that may have come to her confirming my disapproval. 
"Don't worry," I told my cousins, "she has someone."

******

First, the bridesmaids and groomsmen made their way to the altar. They came in pairs, the women with their hands tucked into the crook of the men's elbows and two roses in their free hands. Ten pairs altogether.

After them followed the groom, Michael, a wide grin on his face. He had fun on his way up, posing for a few cameras and shaking some hands.

Next, the flower girl came down the aisle. She tossed pink rose and lavender petals onto the edges of the aisle. Simply looking at her could, anyone could see that she was extremely excited. After all, this is the first wedding Hana is attending, already apart of the bridal party.

Everyone in the church stood up, as the pianist and strings band begun to play The Wedding March majestically. We all turned towards the main doors of the building, awaiting the bride on this big day.

Maddi came through the large doors in a pure white gown, her chin up high with pride and joy. Even if she tried, hiding that smile she had on her face would have been nearly impossible.

She made her way down the aisle alongside both of her parents. It was much easier to see the small diamonds detailed onto ball gown, as well as the long tail that followed behind her, held by her younger sister-in-law. Her veil was long, but thin and had light glitter sprinkled at the back of it. Her hair had been curled them put into an up-do, accented with a large white flower clip.

As she made her way past us, she gave us a big smile and tilt of her head, as she had no free hands.

"You're beautiful!" I whispered to her as she walked away. She smiled back at me, "thanks."

It wasn't a long wait before they were saying their 'I do's'. I got a little teary-eyed during the vows, so did Jason.

Everyone clapped as Maddi and Michael kissed. M&M as I liked to call them.

Rob interlocked his fingers with mine, giving me a kiss on the cheek. I looked into his eyes and smiled. He seemed to be deep in thought during the ceremony.

"You know I love you, right?" He whispered into my ear, as the happy couple made their way down the aisle. I smiled, nodding.

"I know."

******

"Grab somebody sexy, tell 'em 'hey'!" Britney and Talia screamed, singing along with the loud music at the reception.

Talia pulled Jason into a dance with her, and Britney danced with one of the guests.

Fawn and I were sitting at our little group's table, watching people dance and taking a break to chat. As well as relieve our aching feet.

We had all danced for about an hour after M&M did their first official dance as a married couple. The DJ skillfully brought the music from slow American tunes to some Congolese, as well as other types of African music. Now it was time to bring it back to American pop.

But I knew this DJ. She was going to close with some African tunes. So, I had to be ready to dance.

Rob and Trent were talking as well, on the other side of our round table.

"I feel kind of bad," I said to Fawn.

She shook her head, smiling.

"What?" I asked.

"You are that of an angel, you know that?" Smiling, she continued, "I mean, someone who feels bad after standing up to a sister who doesn't seen to mind the hand-me-downs of a boyfriend."

I laughed, smiling now as well, "I appreciate the compliment."

"It's not just a compliment. It's true," she told me, now poking at her unfinished seafood linguine.

"Ladies!" Maddi exclaimed, coming up to our table with Michael. We all got up to give them hugs and kisses on the cheek. Well, the women exchanged kisses on the cheeks.

After Michael and Maddi greeted our men, Michael pulled the guys onto the dance floor with him.

"Last table?" I asked Maddi. She nodded, taking a sip of my water.

"May I?" She asked, going for another swig. Laughing, I told her, "yes. But is a little late to ask, don't you think?"

The three of us laughed, as Maddi went on to finish the rest of my drink, saying she'd get me another.

"So, is it everything you hoped for?" Fawn asked Maddi.

"Much more," Maddi replied. Smiling, she put a hand on Talia's shoulder, "I'm hype for your wedding, Tess."

"Me too," I chimed in.

Fawn smiled, looking down, "yeah... We should all have lunch sometime to catch up."

"Definitely!" Maddi exclaimed, "how about Wednesday at 2:00 PM? Invite Tali and Brit."

"Sure, I'm there." I said.

"Me too," Fawn added.

I then reached under the table, grabbing a small Ardene's bag. Handing it to Maddi, I smiled, "I didn't forget."

"My flats!" She exclaimed, looking into the bag, "thanks, Liv! My feet are killing me."

******

"I love your hands," Rob said with a smirk as he massaged each part of my right hand with dead skin removal and hand treatment salt. "It's like they're made for mine."

"And I, yours."

The kids were now in bed. They were exhausted after a long day of playing, eating and napping with Zara's kids while they were being babysat at her place.

So, Rob and I were enjoying some quiet alone time in our room.

I gave him my left hand now, putting my right hand onto a towel that was beside me.

"That was a nice wedding,"Rob commented.

Nodding, I agreed, "it was beautiful."

"I think... No, I know I wanna marry you," he said, still massaging my hand.

My heart thumped in my chest.

Oh my God. Is this really happening?!

"Someday," Rob added.

Don't get excited. He said 'someday'.

Still!

"When is 'someday'?" I asked, feigning slight disinterest. I didn't want him to know how much I'd been thinking about the two of us on that altar during the wedding ceremony.

"In a few years, probably."

"I see."

I smiled up at him, hiding the slight disappointment that had come into my heart. Even though I'd known what his answer would be.

"I love you," he said to me.

"I love you, too."

*********

A/N

Hey!! Thanks for reading this chapter!!

Vote and/or comment if you enjoyed it!

Be sure to check out my other story On My Doorstep, starring Fawn-Tessa Bonheur!!

Much Love!❤️

~HanaMay~