Chapter 19. A (non-existent) Active Sex Life

[19]

[19]

Sydney

I could deal with an hour of French, an undeniably overcomplicated and boring language. I could tolerate English taught by a depressed, novel-loving teacher, who sometimes rants on and tells us stories about what happened when she took her poodle to the vet. Hell, I could even deal with a double period of calculus. But gym class with a bunch of bitchy girls? And to add, without any of my friends? That's something I can never deal with.

I usually never pay attention to the fact that I'm lacking in the female (and male let's be real) friends department. But here I am on a Monday afternoon in the girl's locker room, wishing I had at least one at my side. And not to forget, wishing I had skipped this period calling in sick.

"Oh my God, Sarah, isn't Tyler's new Instagram post the hottest ever?" the half-naked girl to my right gushes, tossing her bum shorts into her locker.

I vaguely imagine her name to be Andrea, one of the gossiping airheads. Her best friend, Sarah, is just as big of a gossiper as her airhead friend. Despite that, I almost bludgeon the fact that I'm stuck with a locker between these two airheads.

"I know, right?" Sarah squeals, tugging on her hideous red sports bra. The two babble on and on as I change, but I fiend them out as long as I could. It isn't until Tyler's name came up that I start listening again.

"I haven't seen Tyler around much," she cut her eyes to me, seeming unpleasant, as though I'm the one for all her miseries. "Aren't you his new girlfriend? The one who stole him from Meredith."

Wow. I stole him, guys, you hear that?

I shut my locker, before turning to her. "Yes, I'm his girlfriend."

It feels weird saying that I'm someone's girlfriend. That someone being Tyler out of all of them.

"Where have you guys been the past few days?"

"Um, I never thought that you guys were supposed to know every detail of our lives," I flip her off, zipping my gym bag closed.

"And?" she presses on, placing her hand on her non-existent hip as she shoots me an expectant glance.

"And what?" I had a feeling this nice act of mine wasn't going to work, but I carry on acting as if I'm clueless as to what she was asking.

"What have you two been up to?" she continues to press on. Imagine how good it would feel to smash her head against the locker?

Damn Tyler for looking good and damn his stupid fangirls attacking me.

"Geez, Andrea, why are you so keen on knowing about their sex life?" her other friend joins in, rolling her eyes. My cheeks turn red in an instant. Well, yeah, our sex life is non-existent and that's because I wouldn't do that with a jerk like Tyler, but the fact that people think we have an actual sex life...well.