Chapter 3. A Phone Gone Missing

[3]

[3]

Sydney

"What?" my mouth drops, "What the fuck? Are you guys out of your freaking mind?!"

"Don't be such a pussy, Syd. Nothing's going to happen," Samantha argues.

"What the hell do you mean, nothing's going to happen? That is crazy and it's called breaking in. If I get caught I could go to jail for that."

"You're boring, Sydney. Come on, for once in your life, break the fucking rules. You're such a goody-two-shoes," Michael rolls his eyes. I glare at him. Is he serious?

"I fucking broke into school with you, Michael," I hiss. 

"So breaking into the Ritcher's mansion shouldn't be a hassle,"he grins. 

"No," I deadpan.

"Sydney, we'll even come with you. Aren't you the one that was preaching about how short life is? Let's do it," Justin tries to reason with me.

Some friends I have.

Should I do this? What happens if I get caught? What happens if I don't get caught? The last time I complied with one of their stupid dares, they had me running around the neighbourhood in a bikini.

"It's fine, let her be. The dare queen is backing down."

Me? Backing down? Pfft.

"Fine. Fine! I'll do your stupid dare!" I groan, standing up.

"Wait! Really?" Samantha grins, scrambling up next to me.

"Come on, let's go before I change my mind," I mutter under my breath.

Sometimes, not having friends seems like a wonderful option.

Once we're outside, I take in a deep breath of the chilly night air. The closer we get to his house, the more I'm starting to regret doing this. We stop in front of the Ritcher's mansion, and I have to take a step back to process is it all. 

Damn, this boy is rich rich.

"Do I have to do this?" I whine.

"Go," Samantha pushes me into the yard.

"Oh! And don't forget to record it!" Justin whisper shouts behind me, receiving an eye-roll from me.