Chapter 60. Small World

[60]

[60]

Sydney

I clearly underestimated NYU in my head.

The campus is huge. It's basically half of Manhatten itself. 

"Huge, huh?" Stefan chuckles beside me, glancing at me as I look up at the high ceilings above me. 

"So, this is where I'm going to leave you, I hope you don't get lost," he tells me with a grin. 

I pout in disappointment. Stefan is the only reason I was able to get all my paperwork done at the admission's office without getting lost. 

"Okay, then, I'll see you around. Thank you for everything," I smile, hugging him back as he wraps his arm around my shoulder. 

I start walking away, pulling in a sharp breath and looking down at the classroom number on the paper in my hand. 

The classroom is half full when I walk in. 

Not recognising any of the faces, I walk towards one of the empty seats in front and sit down. I place my notebooks and pens in front of me, while slowly tapping my fingers on the edge of the desk. 

The class soon fills up, and five minutes later, I feel the professor walk in, but I'm too busy reading through the literature textbook in front of me to look up. 

"Good morning, students. Since we are running a bit late, why don't you turn to page thirty-seven in your textbook and let's start the discussion of why you took literature as your course for this semester."

I look up from my textbook, my eyes meeting the professor's, and my heart basically stops along with my breathing. He opens his mouth to say something but when his eyes lock with mine, he stops talking. 

Oh, you have got to be kidding me. 

People start to stare at me, clear confusion as to why the professor stopped talking once he spotted me. 

Does the universe really hate me this much? Out of all the professor's I could have gotten, I have gotten the one and only.

Dave. 

~ ~ ~

Tyler

The door clicks open as I unlock it. 

Returning back home is painful, but where else should I go? It's better this way. Without being in her life. The penthouse is dark when I walk inside. With a long exhale, I softly kick the door shut behind me, before throwing the keys onto the table beside the door.