Chapter 24. Coconuts

[24]

[24]

Sydney

"Like, honestly. I feel forgotten over here!" Samantha whines as I pick another movie on Netflix.

"How rude of me would it be to forget your majesty! How could you ever say such a thing!" I exaggerate, throwing the remote on the bed.

"Honestly, all I ever hear is Tyler this, Tyler that. You're coming with me to the party tomorrow night. I don't care what plans you have with Tyler. Ma' dude takes you with him everywhere. Like, tell me this, where were you last night?" she crosses her arms over her chest and I take my eyes off of the screen to look at her.

"Tyler's house," I say awkwardly scratching the back of my neck in embarrassment. Finals are in a week, and Tyler needs as much help with tutoring as he can get.

"What were you guys doing? Hours of endless sex?"

"No, I was tutoring him, we haven't reached that stage," I roll my eyes. It's been a month since the family gathering I went to with Tyler. The steamy make out we had on that kitchen island is long forgotten, at least not to me, but nor Tyler nor I have brought it up once. And I don't know if I should be happy about that or not. I still really wanted to talk to Samantha, but we already broke the first rule. And he hasn't told his friends either.

"You won't be saying that when you'll be screaming his name out at the top of your lungs as he-" I throw a pillow at her head to shut her up before my cheeks turn any redder.

"Bitch, I just curled my hair!" she whines, throwing the pillow back at me and I catch it just in time before it hits my head. Samantha just rolls her eyes at me and reaches to the bedside table to drink her cold drink.

"Sydney, did you see my Xbox controller?" Adam asks, walking in wearing a tank top. Samantha starts violently coughing on her cold drink and Adam's eyes widen slightly.

I grin.

How iconic. I smack her back like the good friend I am and turn back to Adam, "No, Adam. I didn't see your controller. I don't even use it. I wouldn't know."

Samantha stops coughing and I give her a smirk.

"Sam, you okay?" Adam asks awkwardly.

"Yeah, I'm fi-" cough cough, "I'm fine, thank you," she smiles sheepishly.

"My friend is coming over and I need it, especially since I finally got the Wi-Fi adapter to work in my room so I can finally set up my gamer tag, but I can't do that unless-"

"Okay, Adam, that's great and all but I don't know what you're talking about."

"You have your own Xbox; how can you not know any of this?"

I look over at my once clean white matte console, hardly used since freshmen year. The only game I've ever managed to play on it was Grand Theft Auto, and once I finished them, there was nothing else to do. I never took interest in playing anything else. I mean really, what fun is it to play games where all you have to do is blow people's head off. Not my cup of tea. So, my Xbox remains deserted, because all I do is eat and watch Netflix.