Chapter 57. Never Too Cold for Ice Cream

[57]

[57]

Sydney

"And we have arrived at the all-glorious Trader Joe's!" Stefan cheers as he parks his car.

"Sydney?" he turns to me.

"Oh fuck, are you crying?"

"What?" my fingers reach up to my cheeks, and true to his word, they were damp with tears.

"Are you okay?" he asks softly.

Seeing Tyler today and getting that close to him during the shoot really messed me up. Even sitting in the same car with Stefan, who seemed to have such a bubbly personality, can't keep the small moments I shared with Tyler out of my head.

"You know, I'm positive I don't know who the hell you are, and you don't know who the hell I am, but I do know that you've been really hurt or someone has hurt you."

I purse my lips, staring ahead.

"Come on, let's get you some ice cream," he mutters, opening the compartment in front of me and placing the box of tissues in my lap.

I merely look at him before I can muster up a response.

"Don't give me that sad look, I'm going to end up crying with you!" he whines.

I manage a small smile, picking out a tissue from the box and wiping away my tears with it. I place the box back into the compartment before inhaling in a deep breath and slowly exhaling.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

I shake my head quickly. I know that if I begin talking, I'll be an even bigger sobbing mess next to Stefan. He's only known me for a couple of weeks and he's only seen the depressed side of me yet he still tries to cheer me up.

"Okay, then, let's get your ice cream. Oh, and my steak!"

"But it's cold for ice cream," I mutter, pointing outside.

"You'll offend me. It's never too cold for ice cream," he sends me a grin.

He opens his door, stepping outside, and I do the same, stepping out of his car.

We walk the small distance through the parking in the light drizzle of rain.

I sense him pull off his jacket from next to me before he slips it on my shoulders.

"Are you sure? You're going to freeze," I tell him, looking at the short-sleeved shirt he was wearing.

"You're already sad. Adding cold to the list will just make you feel all sadder. I, on the other hand, can handle some cold," he grins.

After thanking him way too many times, he finally waved me off and told me that if I don't stop thanking him he's going to take it back. His jacket smelled of vanilla and a small trace of men cologne.