Chapter 21. Meeting The Famous Family

[21]

[21]

Sydney

"What? Do I look that bad?" I frown, looking down at myself.

"Bitch, are you blind?"

I ignore her last statement, twirling in front of the mirror. Samantha walks circles around me, examining me as if I had grown a second head.

"Who are you, and what have you done with my tomboy friend?" Samantha laughs, pushing me into my dressing table seat.

Samantha starts her magic on my face, applying thing after thing which I have yet to know the names of. She switches on her hair iron, before combing my curly hair and separating my hair into different sections.

Once Samantha is done straightening my hair, she combs it down, and it falls down my back. I looked like someone else completely with straight hair.

I gulp as I stare at myself in the mirror. I hardly recognised myself as I stared at my red lips.

"My baby is all grown up," Samantha gushes, wiping away her non-existent tears.

"I owe you big time," I say sincerely, raking through my hair with my fingers.

"Oh shut up, I'll forever do your makeup," she starts packing up her things and I send her a small smile.

"Don't wanna waste time for you, so you can go see your boyfriend," she smirks.

"Oh please," I say, exasperatedly.

Soon after she leaves, my phone rings, pulling me out of my daze.

"Are you ready?" Tyler asks from the other end.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I sigh, slipping on the black heels that I've never worn.

Grabbing a small purse, I throw my phone in it and head downstairs, trying not to trip.

"Hello, sweetheart," Tyler greets with a grin, standing up from the couch, eyeing me up and down.

"You look stunning."

For the next few seconds, all I can do is stare at him in awe. To say he looks good is the understatement of the century. His charcoal black suit is perfectly tailored and clings to him in all the right places. He's wearing a black tie that matches my dress. Even his messy hair is styled neatly for once.

"You don't look so bad yourself," I grin.

"Why did you come in?"

"I forgot to tell you to pack an overnight bag. You're not coming home tonight."

"What? Why? Where are you taking me?"

"The drive to my parents' other mansion is quite a long one, so we're going to sleep over there and come back here tomorrow afternoon."