Chapter 16. I Hate You

[16]

[16]

Sydney

I sense a strong buzzing near my head. A part of me wants to shut my phone off and the other part of me wants to leave it so that hopefully the person calling gets the message that I'm asleep.

But the buzzing doesn't stop, making me get agitated in my half-sleeping state. I sit up annoyed, my hands rummaging through the sheets tangled around my legs and I grab my phone, holding it to my face to try and see the caller ID, but all it does is blind me temporarily. I click the answer button and press my phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I angrily murmur, my eyes closing for a brief moment, being half asleep.

A familiar male voice answers me, "Hey, Syd, I'm so sorry to be waking you up right now-"

"Who's this?" I question, rubbing my eyes.

"It's Justin, I'm calling from Daniel's phone," the second I recognise Justin's voice, I begin to hear the panic in it.

I look back at my phone screen to see that he is indeed calling from Daniel's number.

"Justin, it's one in the morning. What's going on?"

But then again, when isn't it one in the morning? Everyone in my life thinks it's reasonable to call me at this time. My life's freakin' great, man.

The sleepiness that was bestowed in my body slowly starts to fade.

"I found Daniel in his car when I was leaving Coffee Bean, he's really drunk and not looking well, and uh, I need you to come over."

Why is Justin calling me for this?

"Okay, how is that my problem?" I grumble, getting up anyway and looking for something to wear over my pyjamas.

God, I fucking hate people.

"I keep asking him who to call but he's not even listening to me, he keeps whispering your name."

I close my eyes for a brief moment before I feel a pang in my chest.

He's in this state because of me.

"I'll be there," I tell Justin, before hanging up and scrolling through my contact list, my thumb doing its own thing and clicking on Tyler's icon.

He picks up after five rings, "Hey, what's wrong?"

His voice is tired and groggy as if he's just woken up.

"Can you come over? I need you to take me somewhere," I whisper, slipping out of my bedroom.

"Princess, where do you need to go at this time?"

"Please."

"Okay, okay, I'm on my way."

The FavourOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara