Chapter 69. Only For Sydney

[69]

[69]

Sydney

"Yo, why are you reading the book when you can just watch the movie?" Stefan questions, making me lower the thick novel in my hands and I send a playful glare his way.

"Why breathe oxygen when you're just going to die anyway?" I narrow my eyes at him and he freezes, letting go of the pan in his hand and turning back to me.

He opens his mouth in awe, the corners of his lips tugging up in an amused grin, "Oh my god, you're right! I have never thought of that."

I shake my head at him, and we both fall into fits of laughter as he turns back to the stove and continues with whatever he's cooking. An exhausted sigh escapes my lips and I close the book in front of me, resting my head on my forearm.

"I was waiting to pick you up for class yesterday but you weren't home. Where were you yesterday?" Stefan asks quietly, not looking away from the pan.

I raise my head, looking at his back as he moves the pan.

"I had to go do something," I mutter, sighing as I remember how I absolutely cried like a baby leaving Tyler at the airport. Now he knows that I'm still crazy about him.

"Something Tyler Ritcher wise or..."

I sigh in defeat, "Fine, I went to Tyler, there were some things that had to be said."

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asks me, noticing my quick change of mood.

I shake my head. If I start talking about what happened, I'll be a crying mess. And I came here to spend some time with Stefan to make up for yesterday, and obviously, he's the one doing the cooking.

"He didn't exactly cheat. He lied about everything," I blurt out.

"What?"

"He made me believe that he slept with his ex, but he never did."

"Damn, and now what are you going to do?" he asks, his eyebrows forming a sympathetic expression.

"I really don't know and that's the problem."

"Well, do you love him?" Stefan places a lid on the pan as soon as it starts sizzling and turns to me with a serious expression, placing both of his hands on the counter.

I gulp, "I don't think I ever stopped loving him."

"And there's your answer. As long as you're sure he didn't mean what he said and he never cheated on you, then maybe you two should try and work it out. I'm assuming he thought it would work out best if you two separated, which I still can't fucking understand, so I guess it's safe to say that his intentions were not so bad."

My mouth opens in shock, "I thought you didn't like Tyler."

"I don't know who Tyler is, so it's not fair to say I don't like him, I only ever saw him at the fashion event you took me to. Judging by how happy he once made you, I'm guessing he's a good man."