Chapter 75. Nothing Left Without You

Song Above: High For This by The Weeknd

[75]

Sydney

"Where are we going?" I murmur, looking out of the window.

Tyler glances over at me, a small smile playing his lips, "It's a surprise."

"Tyler, I don't think I can take a surprise right now."

He shrugs, "It's a surprise I've had for a while now, and now's the perfect time to show you."

I shake my head, not being able to hide the smile on my lips.

Tyler pulls up to a parking lot with a huge building and parks his car next to the others.

He switches off the engine and exits the car before jogging to my side of the car. He opens the door and holds out his hand. With a laugh, I take his hand and follow him into the building.

The ultrasound at the doctor's office was better than I ever expected. At that moment, Tyler and I were the most vulnerable ever. It's the first time I feel this happy ever since coming into New York.

Being with Tyler proves only one thing. He is all I need. And I don't regret the things that happened between us, because we wouldn't be here right now.

"We're here," Tyler grins, pulling me back into reality.

Tyler pulls out keys from his pocket and unlocks the door, before taking my hand in his and pulling me inside with him.

A penthouse.

Glass display windows from the ceiling to the floor, porcelain white tiles and white leather couches.

"Tyler," I whisper softly, looking around in awe. In front of the couches, there's a bookshelf reaching from the top of the ceiling right to the bottom with books I have never even thought of. The bookshelf is even bigger than the one back in Tyler's penthouse.

"Tyler, what is all this?" I whisper softly, noticing hundreds of pictures on the wall.

Every single picture Tyler and I have taken together. From the ones that Brandon and Jason used to take of us back in high school, to pictures of us in Paris together.

"This," Tyler replies, walking towards me and taking my hand, "Is for you."

He opens my hand and places a key in my palm.

"Tyler, I can't-"

"Shh," he silences me and places his finger on my lips.

"I know you're going to try to reject it. But I want you to hear me out first. We still have a lot to talk about, especially with all the faults in this relationship. But I know we can fix this. I can't lose you. Not again. You're going to be the mother of our child, Syd. And I wouldn't have it any other way."