Chapter 49. You're Gold

[49]

[49]

Sydney

"Oh, come on, Edward! Don't leave Bella, you shining fuck!" I scream at the tv, throwing popcorn at the screen in irritation.

I'm currently on a marathon, rewatching The Twilight saga. Right now, I'm on New Moon.

The more I watch these movies, the funnier they get, and the more I notice how dumb they actually are. But hey, I could watch them ten more times and not get bored.

I'm startled as the loud doorbell rings, partially giving me a heart attack. I grab the remote, pausing the dumb movie and I set the bowl of popcorn down on the coffee table before making my way to the door.

I don't even bother looking through the peephole. With a grunt, I pull open the door, coming face to face with a dude wearing a blue shirt and black jeans.

"Hey, I have a delivery for a uhm..." he awkwardly stares down at the clipboard in his hand, "For a Miss Anderson. Sydney Anderson?"

"Yeah, that's me," I answer, tilting my head to the side as I watch him.

He places a black velvety box in my hand, before sending me a smile and making his way down the hallway.

I kick the door shut with my foot, before trailing back towards the living room, examining the box.

I sit down, setting it on my lap and slowly pulling the lid off of it. A small card immediately falls out of it, dropping on the floor.

I set the box beside me, before reaching down and picking the card up with a raised eyebrow.

I think you would look rather breathtaking in this dress, personally picked out by yours truly. I hope to see you and Tyler there!

Jessica Ritcher

"What the..." the words are lodged up in my throat as soon as I pull out the gold dress from the box.

I quickly reach forward, grabbing my phone from off of the coffee table.

"Have you missed my sexiness already, sweetheart?" Tyler asks teasingly as soon as he picks up my call.

"Tyler, why did I get the most bedazzled gold dress from your mom ten minutes ago?"

He chuckles, "She has a fashion show event or something in two days, and she wants us to go to it together."

"Oh, why didn't you tell me?"

"I was going to. Anyway, Sydney, stop stressing it, I'll be home in an hour, okay? I've got to go."

"Okay, I'll see you then."

~ ~ ~

"Wow, you look..." Tyler trails off, pursing his lips as he looks me up and down, his eyes assessing me.