Chapter 66. Killing Me Slowly

A little teaser of Tyler above, you're welcome😊^

[66]

Sydney

"Are you okay?" Meredith frowns softly. I stare down at her as I gulp the ice-cold water, torn between my head and reality.

She's gotten up from her seat and is now crouched beside me in worry.

"You really thought Tyler slept with me?" she asks, this time softly she brushes a lock of hair away from my eyes.

"Yes, he even said he did. He never denied anything."

"What a fucking idiot. And now he thinks you're dating this Stefan guy, right?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I don't know."

"You two are going to drive me crazy. When he said he was going to New York, I thought he'd finally seen sense, but I guess I should've known better. God, he's such an idiot. And so are you, for believing him."

Tyler and Meredith didn't sleep together. He didn't cheat.

This changes everything. But why on earth did he make me believe that he did?

God, this is so messed up.

I believed him. So easily.

"Jesus christ, you look like you're about to have a heart attack. Calm down, Sydney," she rubs my shoulder.

"I just need to be alone right now," I whisper softly, my head lowering into my hands.

"I understand. I'll leave you be. I'm so sorry."

I look up at her softly, feeling as if I'm mute. There's so much that I want to say, but nothing is coming out of my mouth. I think I sat there for over an hour, not even being able to hear the many waiters that came over to ask me if I was alright.

I just sat there, with my head in my hands, trying to take in what Meredith said.

God, I can't even cry.

"Tyler and I never slept together."

Was it his intention to hurt me?

"Jeez, the only thing that happened was me knocking some sense into him the whole night while he cried about how much he loves you."

I don't get it.

Almost a year. I've been living the same hell every day. Believing something that was never true, killing me slowly little by little. Crying myself to sleep. For nothing.

"I loved every second of it."

Why did he put me through this?

"I especially loved peeling off her clothes one by one..."