Chapter 7. That Kiss Was Hot

[7]

[7]

Sydney

"Hey, Syd, are you listening?" Samantha waves her hand in front of my face, pulling me out of my daze.

"Huh?"

"Syd, you make me worried when you do that."

"When I do what?" I knit my eyebrows in confusion.

"You know, zone out like that."

I take in a deep breath and shrug.

"Daniel's back in the country," I blurt out.

Samantha stops mid-bite and slowly sets her fork of spaghetti down.

"What?"

"You heard me, Sam."

"How do you know?" she asks.

"He was at my house yesterday, my mom being oblivious to everything invited them over."

"He didn't try to touch you, did he?"

"No, he tried to talk to me, but I ignored him and went to my room," I say playing with the bookmark in my book.

"Do you want me to come over after school?" Samantha asks.

I shake my head, "I'm tutoring someone this afternoon, I don't even know who."

She nods her head and before the bell rings and we head our separate ways to class.

I pass by my locker, putting back my history book and replacing it with my calculus book. I feel my phone vibrate in my back pocket, and I set my textbooks down to quickly check it.

2 unread messages from Unknown Number; the notification reads.

My breathing stops, and with shaking fingers I open the notification.

Unknown Number: Hey, I got your number of the tutor board in Mr Wilson's class.

Unknown Number: Are we still meeting up in the library after school?

I let out a relieved breath and type back a reply.

Me: Yeah, I'll meet you after school.

~ ~ ~

"Hello, Sydney," a voice says from behind me as I make my way to the library.

I roll my eyes.

I don't need to turn around to know who it is.

He picks up his pace, walking next to me.

"Well damn, who burst your bubble today?" he raises an eyebrow.

"I'm pretty sure when someone greets you and asks a question, you're supposed to be polite and answer back," he says after a while.