Chapter 23. A House Full of Beds

[23]

[23]

Sydney

"Tyler," I whisper between a moan, not finding the strength to push him off. His lips leave mine for a moment, kissing my jaw, slowly, softly. My knees go weak, and if the big island isn't behind me, I would've fell. Tyler wraps his hands around the back of my thighs, picking me up onto the island. The ice cream tub falls to the floor but we don't give it a second thought. 

The spoons Tyler took out fell shortly after, making a huge ruckus against the porcelain floors. We don't care. We keep going.

This isn't right.

This can't be right.

This shouldn't be right.

But I can't find it in me to stop myself from kissing him back. It feels euphoric. Like I need more by the passing second. His lips make their way to mine, and this time, the softness and tenderness have disappeared into thin air, replaced by hunger and need.

His hands are moving, slipping under the shirt that is his, his touch, his fingertips, so cold, yet, they warm everything up inside of me.

We shouldn't be doing this.

Sirens are going off in my head, telling me, warning me, that none of this is right, this shouldn't be happening, but I can do nothing about it. I feel as though my body is moving on its own. Returning every touch and kiss he gives me. I'm just a spectator in my own body.

This is nothing compared to the kisses we've shared to make our exes jealous. This is way more.

I'm revealed to him. The only thing between us is my underwear and the long shirt he gave me.

I need to stop this.

But my body does the opposite and my hands make their way up to his hair, tugging at his roots when he bites my bottom lip.

The sound of footsteps making their way down the stairs is enough to make us pull apart in alarm. The panic sets in when the footsteps make their way to the kitchen. We both stare at each other in panic.

"Quick, this way," Tyler pulls my hand, pulling me off the island and opens the door to what seems like the pantry and pulls me in with him, closing the door just in time for someone to step into the kitchen.

As my eyes start to adjust to the darkness, I realize I'm pressed up against Tyler's bare chest, his arm firmly wrapped around my waist. I dare not to look up. My brain is still freaking out about what happened ten seconds ago. How did I let this happen between us?

My cheeks still feel warm from the way Tyler kissed me, but I'm pulled out of my train of thoughts when I hear the person in the kitchen speak.

My heart is beating fast and hard at the possibility of us getting caught in a very embarrassing moment.