Chapter 17. It's All Going To Be Over

[17]

[17]

Sydney

I stick to my ground.

"Because I still care about you, Daniel! I stuck by your ass even after I found out you were taking drugs! I was the one supporting you when you and your dad were having arguments every single night. And when you cheated on me and beat the shit out of me, I didn't even report you to the police! I didn't take your ass to court! I didn't even tell my bloody father!" I take in a sharp breath.

"WHY? You still want to ask me why? Because I still fucking care about you, you moron!" the room is filled with our heavy breathing. When Daniel doesn't say anything, I take in another deep breath.

"Trust me, I wish I didn't. But I do, and I fucking hate you for it. I care about you, Daniel, and I hate you so much for it," I whisper softly, turning away from him and flipping my head up to the ceiling to prevent any tears from falling down my cheeks. By the time I turn back around and stare at him, Daniel's face is already stained with water as little tears roll down his cheeks uncontrollably.

"Well, I still care about you too. I know this sounds stupid, but I still fucking care about you, more than anyone else. More than myself."

I step closer to him, my heart breaking more and more when I stare into his tear-stained eyes. So much damage and wreckage lie behind his blue eyes that once sparkled with happiness.

"I hate seeing you like this," my angry wall crumbles down as I start to cry along with him.

"Why didn't you talk to someone? Why did you do that to yourself?"

Daniel tries to wipe away as many tears as he can from his flushed face. I've never seen him in such a broken state, and it's breaking me little by little.

And as much bad as he did to me, I still care. And I hate myself for it. I hate myself for still caring about him when he is the reason for all my damage. But I can't do a single damn thing about it. Because that's just who I am. I care way too much and that's the reason I always end up getting hurt.

"I don't have anyone, Sydney. You were my home and you still are," I blink my wet eyes a couple of times before Daniel continues to speak, "You let me be myself and never judged me for a single thing. I'm a shitty person, and I mess up everything good in my life, and yet, you never judged me."

"You saw how bad of a person I was and yet you still tried to see the good in me. You made me forget about everything bad in my life and you always saw the good in me, Sydney. Especially when I don't fucking deserve it. I had everything when I had you."

"You showed me the good in life. You gave me hope. But I fucked things up like I always do. I hurt you and I fucking hate myself for it. And yet, I'll say it now and I'll say it over and over again. You are my home."