Chapter 48. Do I turn you on, darling?

[48]

Sydney

I shiver as the night breeze hit my bare arms.

"Tyler, don't do this," Brandon pleads with Tyler.

"Listen to Brandon!" I whisper shout.

"I'm going to fight all of them, so I need you to take the first punch," Tyler tells Brandon, before spinning him around and pushing him into the group of guys. The one with the big chains waste's no time in sending a punch at Brandon, making him stagger back.

What the hell is Tyler thinking?

I catch Brandon just in time before he falls, "Dude, what the fuck is wrong with you?"

"You want to go next, little bitch?" one of them grins.

"Hey, don't you fucking talk to her," Tyler sneers, "I thought you wanted to fight me?"

The guy goes charging at Tyler, but Tyler is quick and ducks down. When he stands up straight again, he catches the guys hand before it makes contact with his face, and twists it, making the guy yelp out in pain. He twists his arm more, shoving it behind his back, and the guy drops to his knees.

"Tell Justin you're sorry for making fun of him for being gay."

Justin slowly walks towards them and stands next to him.

"What?" the guy protests.

Tyler twists his arm more, and the guy howls in pain.

"Say it," Tyler hisses.

"I'm sorry-" he chokes out.

"For what?" Tyler screams.

"For making fun of you for being gay!" the guy screams out in pain.

"Tell him you were raised in a different era, but now you know it's fucked up to judge people on their sexuality. And that you're a messed-up person who thinks he's better than everyone else because you think it's okay to make fun of someone who chooses to be with someone their same sex."

"I'm sorry!" the guy screams.

"Apology accepted," Justin grins from next to Tyler.

Tyler lets go of the guy and he scrambles up to his feet.

"Anyone want to go next?" Tyler questions.

The other three guys stare down at their friend who drops down on the floor, gasping in pain as he holds his arm.

They stagger back, before running in the opposite direction.

~ ~ ~

"What's wrong, love?" Tyler asks me, startling me and causing me to almost fall off the kitchen barstool.

I raise my head from my hands, "Nothing. Just got a killer headache."

"There are some painkillers on my top drawer if you want," Tyler tells me, placing a mug in the coffee machine.

"Thank you," I smile, slipping off of the barstool and dragging my bare feet on the cold porcelain floor as I make my way to our bedroom.

Living with Tyler feels unreal. Yes, we have our arguments, but that just makes us understand each other more.

It sucks when he leaves for the company the whole day, but it's his work, and it's not my place to complain.