Chapter 8. Tears

[8]

[8]

Sydney

Two Years Ago

I hate parties.

I place a hand over my nose, to block out the smell of beer and weed.

Everyone in this house getting drunk or getting high are underaged. And no matter how many times somebody reports the party and the cops come, Daniel still throws these parties. But I guess that's the fun part for them. Running away from the cops.

Did I mention that I hate parties?

Why am I here, may you ask?

Well, Daniel and I have been dating for almost three years. And he always somehow convinces me to come to his parties. I met Daniel when I moved to our new house. He helped me when I sprained my ankle while I was admittedly staring at him.

I never expected someone like him to ask someone like me on a date.

And me being the head over heels 14-year-old freshman I was, who by the way, had never been in an actual relationship with a boy, I couldn't say no to the breathtaking, blue-eyed, football player.

"Hey, have you seen Daniel?" I ask a blonde guy standing by the doorway.

He opens his mouth to answer before his face pales and he turns around, barfing all over the tv.

Lovely.

I'll take that as a no.

With a disgusted expression, I turn on my heel and decide to head upstairs.

Did I mention that I hate parties?

I push past a kissing couple and dodge a puking girl until I reach my destination.

Daniel's room.

He always sits up there with his group and they all smoke pot.

No matter how many times I argue with him not to.

I slowly push the door open, stepping inside his room.

Blonde hair pokes out from under the blankets, and a girls hand slide's over the boy's neck.

They're probably a drunk couple getting it on his bed. This can't be my Daniel. He'd never do this to me.

"Oh my God! Yes, Daniel!" I hear a girl shriek, and I stop in my tracks, dropping my drink.

No.

No no no.

Every little piece inside of me shatters when I stare at the scene in front of my eyes.

"Daniel? What the hell!"

They both stop silent, and Daniel climbs off of her, while she scrambles to sit up, pulling the sheets up to cover her breasts.