Chapter 67. He Needs Me Too

The song above is Lie To Me by Five Seconds of Summer. I listened to this song on repeat while writing this chapter, so feel free to listen to it while you read on.

 I listened to this song on repeat while writing this chapter, so feel free to listen to it while you read on

[67]

Sydney

I study him. Not much has changed; he's still the charming tall Greek god he's been since I've met him. A waitress exits the large café doors, shooting me a worried look as she makes her way towards me.

"Are you okay, miss?" she asks me.

No, I'm not fucking okay. Reality just hit me like a truck.

"Yes, I'm perfect, thank you," I nod.

She flashes me another look of unease but walks away.

I can't even walk. What am I supposed to say? A year of not seeing each other and telling myself I'll be ready to talk to him and I can't even mutter a damn hello?

I let go of the round table and stumble across the street. I'm weak in the knees like a pathetic teen. The closer I get to him, the more overwhelming it gets. Summer and Tyler seem so far away.

He looks up.

Our eyes lock, and he breaks into a slow smile. My heart beats faster and faster. Almost there.

He gets up from the kneeling position he was in. And then, the moment he calls my name, it changes everything. My light headiness. My weak legs. My pounding heart. Everything goes back to normal.

My throat catches as he pulls me into a hug, his arms wrapping around my waist, and, reluctantly, I wrap my arms around his broad shoulders, breathing in his scent.

I'm home.

We break apart, and my foot stumbles on a rock, almost sending me falling backwards.

I blush and blame it on my clumsiness, "Sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me today."

I realise his hands are still firmly wrapped around my waist, holding me into place.

"Are you alright?"

I stiffen underneath his touch.

"Yes, I'm perfect, super."

His hair falls onto his forehead as he stares down at me, and I so badly want to run my fingers through them.

"Hey, Sydney! How was University?" Summer's little voice asks me.

I almost forgot the poor girl was there.

"Hey, Summer! You've grown up so much over the past year!" I gush, leaning down so I was level with her. She's grown so much taller than when I last saw her, and her hair which is the same colour as her brother's cascades down past her shoulders. Beautiful, just like her charming brother.