Chapter 56. Look At The Camera

[56]

[56]

Sydney

"Sydney, can you like," Brad stands up straight from his camera, "not look bored?"

I'm not bored. I'm raging.

I came to New York to get away from Tyler and our problems, but here I am, with his arm around me showcasing the men's Hugo watch and my hand is over his, showcasing the women's watch.

My back is leaned against his bare torso, and from time to time, his breath hits my neck.

"Give me that same lustful look you gave me in the previous shoot! Tyler, lean closer to her. You need to look like a couple for God's Sake!"

I'm starting to dislike Brad more and more.

"Mrs Ritcher, you never told me anything about this," I seethe through my smile, my eyes glued to the camera.

"You never said the model was going to be Sydney. And since when do you model?"

"Oh, would the two of you shut up already! As soon as we get the shot you're both free to go and never speak to each other again. I don't care what happened between you two, but can we please leave it aside and pretend it never happened?"

I take in a sharp breath.

"So, for the love of God, just cooperate with me and we'll all be done."

I purse my lips, watching as she walks over to us.

"Sydney, tilt your chin up. Tyler, where the fuck is your other hand?" his mother asks, staring behind my back.

"Here," he whispers under his breath.

She grabs a hold of his other free hand before I feel it being placed on my waist. His fingertips are cold, and I slowly feel every inch of my body grow goosebumps.

I can all but pray he doesn't feel it, and with a deep breath, I have to convince myself that it's only the cold that's making my body react like this.

When Mrs Ritcher walks away, Brad ducks down slightly to look into his camera.

"Tyler, look at the camera," Brad snaps his fingers.

"Yes!" he yells, quickly clicking the button on his camera, making the three huge lights in front of us flash.

I fight the urge to rapidly blink my eyes.

"Jessica, I got one shot!" Brad yells.

"Perfect!" she yells, turning to us.

"Tyler put your head in her neck as if your about to kiss it," his mother orders.

With the reassurance that the shoot will end any minute now, I don't protest, taking in another sharp breath when I feel him lower his head, his lips softly grazing over my neck.