Chapter 11. Hiding a big boy is hard...very hard

[11]

[11]

Sydney

I jump, startled.

I squeak in embarrassment, staring at his wide-open eyes before snatching my hand away and feeling all the blood in my body rush to my cheeks.

What the hell was I thinking?

I fake cough awkwardly looking anywhere but him.

"Morning."

"Liked what you felt?" he teases.

I glare at him before climbing out of my bed.

"You better get going, if my folks see you, they'll flip," I mutter, looking out the window.

"Yes ma'am," Tyler says, getting out of my bed and picking up his shirt from the floor.

I hear shuffling from the hallway and stop dead in my tracks. Without thinking, I push Tyler onto the floor, falling on top of him and placing a hand on his mouth.

He gives me a confused look with his eyes.

Two knocks are sounded on my door. At least if someone walks in, they won't see us because of the bed.

"Sydney, sweetheart, are you up?"

"Yeah, mom! I'm up!" I shout back, hoping she won't open the door.

As always, my hope is always answered in the opposite answer as the door opens and my mom walks in.

I quickly jump up, giving her an innocent smile, stepping to the side trying to hide Tyler's legs.

I swear, hiding a big boy is hard...very hard.

"Morning, honey, did you sleep well?"

"Morning, mom! Yes, I slept very well!" I grin.

"Okay, I'll let you get dressed."

I sigh in relief once she's out of sight and the door closes.

I look down awkwardly at Tyler, who's on the floor.

"Sorry for that," I smile sheepishly.

He stands up, dusting his pants.

"You better get going before she looks out of the window and spots your car."

Tyler nods, grabbing his car keys and heads to the window.

"I'll send you a picture of the contract," he says, pulling my window open.

"Contract?"

"The rules."

"Oh."

"Goodbye, princess," he grins, jumping out of the window and sprinting to his car. I sigh, staring after him as he quickly reverses out of my driveway and speeds down the road.