Chapter 52. Third Heartbreak's the Charm

[52]

[52]

Sydney

I scroll through the emails on my laptop, and my finger suddenly freezes as my eyes freeze over the letter of acceptance from NYU.

What if I leave for a while.

After what Tyler did, I don't think I could ever get back with him.

What if I leave and don't come back.

Sure, I'd miss my parents, and Samantha is leaving to go there any day now.

It would be best for me.

Besides, I would almost never bump into Tyler there.

I'm supposed to start in a month, I'm sure I can find a dormitory there.

I get up, exiting the guest bedroom, finding Samantha in the kitchen.

"I'm going to New York," I blurt out.

"What?" she whips around quickly.

"Remember, I told you how I got in at NYU? I made my decision, I want to start the semester there. I can find myself a dormitory there, and I'll be sorted."

"Are you sure? You're not making a rash decision because of what Tyler did?"

"Who's Tyler?" I frown, walking past her and placing a mug under the coffee machine.

"You're right, I'm sorry. Why find a dorm room when you can live with me? We can be roommates! Besides, we both know New York rent isn't exactly that affordable." she grins.

"Are you sure? I don't want to ruin your plans," I frown.

"Bitch, are you kidding?! I've been looking for roommates, the best thing that could happen to me is my best friend living with me!" She squeals.

"Okay. Yes! I'd love that," I grin, laughing as she pulls me into an embrace.

"We need to book you a ticket!"

"No, no, you just go before me and get our apartment ready. I have some things to sort out here, I'll come after you, don't worry."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive," I smile.

~ ~ ~

I sigh as I stare around me. My clothes are scattered around me, and three big suitcases are open in front of me on the bed. I've been packing for over two hours, and I feel suffocated.

My flight is in a day, and I'm nowhere near done packing my bags.

As much as I'd like to stop packing and watch Netflix, I know that it will just give me more things to do, and that's the last thing I need.