Chapter 71. To Be or Not To Be

Sydney

Sydney

[71]

"Sydney?"

"Huh?" I spin around, getting pulled back to reality when I hear Samantha's voice. 

 "I have been talking to you for over ten minutes, where's your mind been?"

On the beach with Tyler.

But I don't say that out loud. 

"I'm sorry, what were you saying?"

A slow smirk creeps onto her lips, "Where were you yesterday when we got here?"

"I uh... I went to speak to Tyler."

That's not a whole lie. 

"Just to speak?"

I don't miss the teasing smile on her face, instead, I turn around, avoiding her gaze and staring at the waves as they crash in front of me. 

"I'm so sorry, we had them clean the beach yesterday, I don't know how this got here," Sam's wedding planner mutters apologetically, leaning down and picking up something from the sand. 

My eyes focus on the little brown bottle in her hand, and my face turns red in realisation. 

The chocolate syrup bottle. 

Before I can stop it, flashbacks from last night fly into my head, making my already crimson face burn more. 

"Syd, you okay?"

"I'm perfect," I grin, turning to Adam. From the frown he gives me, I know he didn't miss the colour on my face. 

"Syd, I think this is the perfect spot," Samantha turns to me, the grin on her face widening in excitement. 

I nod, staring at the beach. 

"It's going to be the most amazing wedding ever," I sigh, imagining Samantha walking down the sand to Adam in a bright white dress that glistens under the sun. 

"This is it, Margot, we'll do it here," Samantha turns to her wedding planner, resting her head on Adam's shoulder. 

"It's official then. I'll mark it down as the final wedding venue," Margot smiles at them. 

~ ~ ~

"Are we going to wear dresses too?" Justin squeals in an awfully squeaky imitation of a girls voice. 

"Justin and I will be the prettiest bridesmaids there," Michael jokes besides Justin. 

"Oh my god!" I squeal when Samantha walks out of the fitting room. 

Samantha is wearing a mermaid silhouette dress, the top half of the dress flowing up to her shoulders in lace. The dress fits Samantha's figure perfectly, showing off every curve she has as if it's made specifically for her.