Chapter 42. Aggressive Makeups

[42]

[42]

Sydney

"Go, you idiot!" Samantha lurches me forward, my feet tumbling onto the Ritcher's front porch.

"Chill," I hiss.

"Call me when you're done. Toodles!"

"Wait- Samantha!" I shriek as she quickly hops into her car and drives away, leaving me stranded in front of Tyler's mansion.

I huff.

Now I regret telling her what happened.

She basically scolded me and then continued to tell me that if Tyler and I speak it out we'll be perfectly fine.

You know, I could probably turn around and take an hour walk to get back home.

But it's hot! The voice in my head whines.

And I miss him.

Maybe we should have a chat.

Fuck it, I'm doing this.

Taking in a deep breath, I take long, slow strides towards the huge front doors.

I raise my hand to knock, before quickly retracting it. This is dumb. He made it clear he doesn't like me back.

And I'm probably the last person he wants to see.

Fuck, what if he isn't home?

I lean on the wall against the door and screw my eyes shut for a brief moment. Woah, why the hell is my heart beating so fast?

I raise my hand again, before retracting it again like the pussy I am.

I dig my hands into my hair, walking in circles like a crazy person in front of the door.

What the hell am I even going to say?

I show up at his door and I don't even know what to say.

Clever as always, Sydney.

I hear footsteps approaching the door, and my heart practically stops. I glance around in panic to find a spot to hide, but before I can even set a foot down the step, the huge door swings open.

I close my eyes momentarily, and then quickly open them when I hear my name.

"Sydney, what are you doing here?" Mrs Ritcher asks, raising an eyebrow.

"I...uh..."

She watches in amusement as I swallow down the nervous lump in my throat, all the words of general knowledge in my head disappearing.

Welcome to the next episode of Sydney once again forgets how to speak.

"Ah, to be young and in love. I was wondering why Tyler's been so cranky," she chuckles, pulling open the door wider.